The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
FRG

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Beal
Posted 2003-11-27 10:02 AM (#200519 - in reply to #200494)
Subject: Re: FRG

OK I was just joking around, mostly.
The Frigs have cosmetic problems that have been fixed but still show. The problems are never structural. Those ones are destroyed.

Of course there is the other side of the issue when it's the end of the month or year and you gotta meet the numbers so to get the extra sales you give an extraaaaaa discount to somebody and justify it by calling the guitars Frigs. The G used to do this all the time. Of course the O wouldn't do this, nope, never, not ever, no way...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tony Calman
Posted 2003-11-27 2:40 PM (#200520 - in reply to #200494)

For the seller - adequate disclosure, detailed answers to the buyer's questions.
For the buyer - treat as you would a used guitar. If you have it in your hands, check it out. If eBay, ask the same questions that you would if it was a used guitar. Ask for detailed description and photos of any area you were concerned about.
If none of the above, forget it.
Bailey
Posted 2003-11-28 1:46 AM (#200521 - in reply to #200494)

cwk2

You just rang a bell in my mind, the factory cowboy boot outlets in El Paso (center of the boot industry) used to sell "seconds" for 1/4 the price of new boots and have massive sales of them. I, or any other novice could not distinguish them from the firsts. Their "seconds" models seemed to coincide with those that were being phased out or hadn't moved well. People would line up around the block for these bargains, and the atmosphere in the store was like that of all frantic sales, i.e., people fighting over the last pairs of a particular size or model. I have a pair of Nocona deerskins (probably from Bambi, so don't ask) that I have owned for 20 years and still have not found the flaw that made them "seconds", one of my favorite pairs of boots.

Bailey
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)