The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Crossroads with Melissa and Dolly

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Bailey
Posted 2003-11-29 2:28 AM (#200376)
Subject: Crossroads with Melissa and Dolly

Tonight was the CMT airing of Crossroads with Melissa E. and Dolly P., there was some trepidation earlier that Melissa wouldn't play her Adamas. NOT TO WORRY, she played it exclusively while performing and while jamming during interviews, she definately loves that guitar, and seems well gifted at playing it. The show was very good and seemed to lean towards Dolly's songs but the Melissa ones were fine also.

There was a little nostalgia there for me, as the fiddle player was Stewart Duncan who was 13 or 14 years old in the late 1970's in San Diego and won every contest there that was staged. We played in many and lost to him every time and to one other Alison (not Krauss), Alison Brown, who played banjo and fiddle and also won whatever Stewart didn't and is still around playing here and there. Stewart Duncan also played at 13 or 14 years old in the top San Diego bluegrass band, Pacifically Bluegrass, who made an album that was popular there and even got some national recognition.

Bailey
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Nils
Posted 2003-11-29 5:14 PM (#200377 - in reply to #200376)
Subject: Re: Crossroads with Melissa and Dolly

I watched CMT off & on all last evening & all that was ever on was some awards show. What time did it air on the west coast? :/

/\/\/
Tony Calman
Posted 2003-11-29 6:11 PM (#200378 - in reply to #200376)

In San Diego - 10pm; when she wasn't playing the Adamas, she had it very out front during the interview period.
Nils
Posted 2003-11-29 7:19 PM (#200379 - in reply to #200376)

Thanks Tony. That figures. I think we were watching a movie by then. I see on the TV guide channel that the same awards show is on again this evening, maybe DP & ME will follow like it did last night. It would be nice if our cable outfit had a better guide channel, this one will only tell you what's on an hour at a time.

/\/\/
Tony Calman
Posted 2003-11-29 9:17 PM (#200380 - in reply to #200376)

Nils,
I see 8pm for CMT tonight?

How was the fishing?
Nils
Posted 2003-11-29 11:32 PM (#200381 - in reply to #200376)

Nope, not on at 8 here Tony. Dammy. Maybe at ten.
No luck with the steelhead last Thursday, but we saw a lot of deer & other assorted fauna. They were there, although scattered on the sonar. I saw a few jumpers but we couldn't get 'em to bite. I think we might try bobber fishing for 'em next time. Some people are doing pretty good with sand shrimp in the smaller holes. I'm glad we have a heater in the boat, it was a nice day but pretty cool. Low 40's I would guess. Nice inside with heat. We were going back tomorrow but my nephew is coming over to visit instead. Haven't seen him for a while :)

/\/\/
Bailey
Posted 2003-11-30 1:37 AM (#200382 - in reply to #200376)

I have observed that CMT plays the "Crossroads" programs over and over after they have debuted (French word, the "t" is silent, so nobody will embarrass their wife by saying "deebutted" when she invites her boss to dinner). So look for one that is convenient, you shouldn't have to miss it. I haven't taped it yet, but I think I saw an airing next week that I can tape.
Tim in Yucaipa
Posted 2003-12-02 2:19 PM (#200383 - in reply to #200376)

I just checked www.cmt.com and they list the Dolly/Melissa Crossroads being rebroadcast TONIGHT at 9pm ET/PT... it was quite good... no real closeups of the guitar though....

tim
Nils
Posted 2003-12-03 1:36 AM (#200384 - in reply to #200376)

Whaddaya know, I get one more chance. I set the VCR to start at 4:00 & go until 8:00. It's gotta be on there someplace!

Thanks guys,

/\/\/
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)