The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
'Buck Fever' Bidding

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

JohnnyMac
Posted 2003-12-03 9:55 PM (#200289 - in reply to #200264)
Subject: Re: 'Buck Fever' Bidding

I totally agree that's where the price *should* be, in the "perfect" world where most people understand what Ovation guitars truly are & appreciate them. I was just thinking that when Adamas are hardly ever up at that price point (at least at auction prices) I don't think anyone will start the bidding at $2K for what appears to be a Legend without some hard facts. Also, I really do wonder if it is that old. But it is almost sure to sound amazing.

Interesting also that this guitar has popped up in another post today. I wonder if anyone will bid on it. Do 35 yr. old Legends really show up in price books for $3,800?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-12-03 10:13 PM (#200290 - in reply to #200264)
Subject: Re: 'Buck Fever' Bidding

It's not a 35 year old Legend. Ovation didn't make Legends 35 years ago. It's an early 80's Legend. A nice guitar but worth, on the open market, about a quarter of his opening bid. Nobody's going to bid on this at that price.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)