The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovations spotted... news at 11:00

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-12-03 9:53 AM (#200152)
Subject: Ovations spotted... news at 11:00

Hi everyone,
Just got back from a Carribean cruise and some time in Key Largo. Mostly a diving trip to Roatan, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel with a stop in Key Largo on the return. One of the performers on the ship played an Adamas II shallow bowl, and man did he play it. He said he would check out the site here in a couple of weeks when the contract was up. He also owns several other Acoustic guitars, including an 88 Collectors I believe, but he sais the workhorse is the Adamas. One minute he's playing Jimmy Buffet tunes, and the next Jimmy Hendrix tunes. He said no other guitar can keep up. Of course he was "preaching to the choir" as it were.
On the way back from Key Largo I stopped at a local music store where I was pleasantly surprised by 5 Ovations hanging at eye level. Three of them were USA made and two Celebrity. Of course in reference to another thread, Lisa asked me how I could tell the difference, and the only way for me was to read the label on the inside. No Adamas, but they had a nice Elite, a Collectors (don't recall the year, but new), and a Balladeer.

Glad to be back home although going from a place where people were complaining about the unseasonably "cold" water temp of 75 degrees at 40 feet to stepping off the plane into 31 degrees and windy, is quite a shock.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2003-12-03 1:15 PM (#200153 - in reply to #200152)
Subject: Re: Ovations spotted... news at 11:00

Welcome back Miles, glad you had a nice trip, and glad Ovation was a part of it.
Tim in Yucaipa
Posted 2003-12-03 1:56 PM (#200154 - in reply to #200152)

sigh,

getting paid to play an Ovation on a Cruise Ship.... I hate him!

tim
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-12-03 3:17 PM (#200155 - in reply to #200152)

It was actually a husband and wife team. No kids, so they just travel and play. He was walking around the ship as Elvis one day, but basically every night in the lounge they played pop requests from just about every era. It indeed looked like a fun gig. Lots of good MIDI sequences to fill out the sound too. Not sure I would want to even know that many covers and not be able to play original music, but it's what the crowd wants, so ya do what pays the bills I guess. 7 days a week, 8+ hours per day, for 16 weeks on a boat reminds me too much of the Navy.
Tim in Yucaipa
Posted 2003-12-03 3:23 PM (#200156 - in reply to #200152)

uh oh! here they come! doomdoomdoomdoomdoom... Navy Stories! :eek:

1970-1974
2-years on Guam (sweet)
2-years USS Oriskany CVA34 (sour)
Gunners Mate Technician (Nukes)

but a cruise ship gig.... just the buffets would be worth it!

tim
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)