The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation warranty

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

alpep
Posted 2003-12-10 1:51 PM (#199630)
Subject: Ovation warranty

a source from the factory gave me this information on the warranty as it stands now for current Ovation models.

All of the guitar models listed now come with the limited lifetime warranty. In a nut shell it reads that we will cover parts and labor for material and or workmanship problems for the first two years of ownership by the original owner (non transferable) after two years we cover materials and the customer pays labor charges. Shipping costs are the responsibility of the owner both ways. Electronics, tuning keys, strings etc are not officially covered although we do take care of any problem electronics within the first year. Of course any abuse or temperature humidity problems are not warrantable. The sales receipt is the most important document to show original ownership.

The FRG warranty is a limited 5-year and reads the same but ends at 5 years.

The Celebrity and Applause came with a one year warranty up until about 1996.

the US Ovations had a full lifetime warranty up until about mid 1979.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Steve
Posted 2003-12-10 2:01 PM (#199631 - in reply to #199630)
Subject: Re: Ovation warranty

ahhh...those were the days...Full Lifetime Warranty on original purchase USA Ovation guitars... how the mighty have fallen....
SteveL778
Posted 2003-12-10 2:06 PM (#199632 - in reply to #199630)

Alpep,

Did they say that "cover parts and labor for material and or workmanship problems" means that cosmetic quality issues are included?
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-12-10 2:17 PM (#199633 - in reply to #199630)

Steve I would assume the way it is listed, if there is a problem they cover it based on Al's info. Although the "full Lifetime" has gone away, including ALL guitars in the limited lifetime Warrantee is quite amazing. I'm surprised this wasn't adverstised a little more. I would guess this came about with the "big box" stores carrying the Celebrity line and being unable to support them at the quality level Ovation would expect. Basically this is saying if you buy a new Ovation, no matter the price range, the factory will stand behind it for as long as you own it, with some limitations of course. That's impressive.
alpep
Posted 2003-12-10 5:01 PM (#199634 - in reply to #199630)

Steve
things change. I doubt if there are many lifetime no questions asked warranties anymore.

steve L
For answers to specific questions regarding your guitar you need to call and talk to the service department. I just wanted to verify the warranty since there were some questions.
SteveL778
Posted 2003-12-10 6:55 PM (#199635 - in reply to #199630)

No problem, thanks
Bailey
Posted 2003-12-11 1:53 AM (#199636 - in reply to #199630)

Dear Factory

Every time I play my 1976 Viper, I notice that flies keep landing on it and occasionally I notice a small black spot on my perfect finish, I have used Dunlop polish on it. Does this void the lifetime warranty?

I only have one small question. WHAT IN HELL ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? Do I have to contact Congress to get satisfaction?

Other than that it's a pretty good guitar.

Bailey

PS: Don't think you can just set around and wait for me to die, I sold my soul for certain favors and the IRS won't let me go until I've paid up, they have a first lien that even the devil can't beat.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-12-11 8:18 AM (#199637 - in reply to #199630)

Bailey:

I forwarded your letter to Ovation and this is what they wrote back:

"Dear Mr. Bailey,

We thank you for your inquiry, but your problem originating with the flies is outside of our warranty and therefore not covered. If there are flies on you, that's your problem, 'cause there ain't no flies on us!

Sincerely,

Ovation Customer Help Line

p.s. Have you tried not eating barbque just before pulling out your Viper?
Nils
Posted 2003-12-12 2:20 AM (#199638 - in reply to #199630)

Originally posted by alpep:
Steve
things change. I doubt if there are many lifetime no questions asked warranties anymore.

Snap On hand tools is the only one I can think of. Of course when they nick you $80 for a damned ratchet & upwards of $20 for a half inch combination wrench they can afford to fix 'em/replace 'em forever.

/\/\/
Bailey
Posted 2003-12-12 2:49 AM (#199639 - in reply to #199630)

I friggin' knew it

Goddam factory pays some West coast Dick $300 an hour to void my warranty. Any guitar manufacturer that tolerates flyspecs deserves what it gets. You (Moodypi, and your vile employer) will hear from my lawyer, Mark Geronimoagos as soon as I can break him away from certain Roman type orgies involving a Santa Barbara elementry school patty cake team that Michael arranged for him at LoverboyLand.

You have had it unless you send me a 12 string Custom Legend that looks just like Paul (another Paul) Simon's Central Park guitar.

Bailey (I better sell my soul to God, because the IRS owns my ass. That's what they told us in basic training )
Paul Wag
Posted 2003-12-12 10:10 AM (#199640 - in reply to #199630)

Oh there ain't no bugs on me
There ain't no bugs on me
There may be bugs on the rest of you mugs
But there ain't no bugs on me

~Traditional~
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2003-12-12 11:47 AM (#199641 - in reply to #199630)

Bailey, I think you need to declare your Viper a "NO FLY ZONE".........

Roger

1976 Applause AA14-4 6-String
2001 Adamas 1598-MERB Melissa Etheridge 12-String
2003 Celebrity CC01 Spruce Top 6-String
Bailey
Posted 2003-12-13 2:17 AM (#199642 - in reply to #199630)

All right

I confess, I was trying to make it worthwhile to Kaman that I survive a few more years so my kids wont try to invoke the "lifetime warranty" when settling my estate.

I'll request that they bury me with my Viper, and sue Kaman for turning me in to a blithering idiot by selling me a good guitar cheap.

Bailey
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)