The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
How well do the collector editions sell new?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Englishplayer
Posted 2003-12-12 12:01 PM (#199510)
Subject: How well do the collector editions sell new?

I was just wondering how well the collector editions sell. I may be getting a 2003 model (if the place I ordered it from gets them when they're supposed to), and I was just wondering how well they sold during this last year. The only ones on Ebay seem to be frg models, and all the places on line that had them don't seem to have them anymore. Also, year to year are these collector editions an automatic good sale for Ovation or are there huge variations from year to year in sale and interest?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-12-12 3:50 PM (#199511 - in reply to #199510)
Subject: Re: How well do the collector editions sell new?

Just guessing here, but I would think the Collectors Series are kindof the "gauranteed" sales by Ovation. So many people buy the collectors and many buy portions of the series. All of the implications of birthdays, anniversaries, etc etc etc are also reasons. As they seem to make different numbers of the guitars each year, I think they know their audience pretty well and it seems the guitars stay in a price range (aligned with inflation). I would guess many of them are "sold" long before they are even designed let alone built.
Englishplayer
Posted 2003-12-13 3:39 PM (#199512 - in reply to #199510)

Thanks, Mr. O. Anyone else have an opinion or info?
alpep
Posted 2003-12-13 10:47 PM (#199513 - in reply to #199510)

Usually there is something special about the collector's editions even if it is only the choice of wood for the tops. The 2003 has inlayed epaulets which is a nice touch. 2002 african cherry which was spectacular to look at. the 2001 were redwood and they were just great guitars with a unique sound.

some years sell better than others. at the end of the year there is a rush by the big boxes to sell off the 03 since the 04 is coming out.

judge the guitar for how it plays and what you expect out of it. unless you are collecting one of every year of the series.

has anyone done that? is there anyone that is a member that gets the collector's edition every year? Aside from Sam Ash?
Nils
Posted 2003-12-13 11:02 PM (#199514 - in reply to #199510)

I would be happy if I could figure out a way to buy (& hide from my wife :) ) the 2003 I keep playing over in Bend at Central Oregon Music. Damn that's a nice guitar.

/\/\/
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)