The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Music for troops

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Tony Calman
Posted 2003-12-12 12:50 PM (#199506)
Subject: Music for troops

Hadn't seen this before:

http://www.kamanmusic.com/?fa=news&art=190

Gee, always thought they could string some concertina wire on an e-tool (small folding entrenching tool/shovell).
Doubt if the Grunt will get his hands on one but nice gesture.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Chuck (Retired Navy)
Posted 2003-12-13 8:00 PM (#199507 - in reply to #199506)
Subject: Re: Music for troops

While I was over in the Persian Gulf earlier this year with a load of Marines on the ship we had several Marines with Ovations onboard. They took them along in their trucks when they hit the beach to head into Iraq. When we returned stateside we brought the Marines, guitars and all, back to the states with us.
Nils
Posted 2003-12-13 10:33 PM (#199508 - in reply to #199506)

That is a nice gesture. I'm sure every little bit of support for our people helps morale. Two guitars is a lot better than no guitars :)

/\/\/
Bailey
Posted 2003-12-16 3:29 AM (#199509 - in reply to #199506)

Maybe there is a chance for a compny to support our troops with a few guitars without worrying about whether they were going to get "recognized", that private that gets blown away doesn't get much recognition but if he can get his hands on a guitar when he's not out there risking his life, he might find a few minutes of relaxation that only a guitar will bring. If you want to help the troops, help the grunts, not the Colonel looking for career enhancement, he doesn't have to expose his "career" body to gunfire, he leaves that up to the grunts who were too damn dumb to get sent to college by their wealthy daddy and therefore get a commission gauranteeing that if you survive being a platoon leader you can survive and prosper (and only the Marine Platoon leaders don't survive, a great percentage of Army ones go on to stellar careers, while the grunts they commanded come home in body bags), The grunt chances are to expose his body over and over and, if he survives, go home to friends who say, "How was your vacation in Iraq, we saw Colonel so and so playing an Ovation on TV, I guess it was a lot of fun with those guitar companies giving you free guitars while you sat around jamming in those safe mess tents. Bull shit, don't try to tell me you weren't in a safe mess tent, I saw it on TV"

Bailey
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)