The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
anyone have a model 6768 Elite Standard?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2003-12-13 2:18 PM (#199423)
Subject: anyone have a model 6768 Elite Standard?

I am looking to buy a friends model 6768 Elite Standard. I think it was made in 1994. Anyone out there own one of these? And what is your opinion of this guitar?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rick c
Posted 2003-12-13 7:06 PM (#199424 - in reply to #199423)
Subject: Re: anyone have a model 6768 Elite Standard?

I own two Elites.....1868 and 6868 standard....
the elite is older with an op-24 pre-amp....the standard is newer with an updated op-24e pre-amp....I like the elite looks with the gold plated gears and headstock and fingerboard inlays...but the standard sounds better....no inlays at all on the fingerboard...and the neck is mahogany....plays great sounds even better....
good luck with your new toy...Rick
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-12-13 9:38 PM (#199425 - in reply to #199423)

Paul, if you like the guitar buy it, if you don't, leave it. No two guitars, even of the same model are exactly alike, and individual needs and perceptions are vastly different, so the opinions of other Elite owners are largely irrellevant, because they are not opinions about that specific guitar. Use you ears and make your own decision.
Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2003-12-13 10:44 PM (#199426 - in reply to #199423)

Paul T you are right about the same model guitar sounding and feeling different. I often wonder why two guitars made on the same day can sound different. I guess the nature of the wood used varies that much. The 6768 Elite model I am looking at sounded great. The deep bowl really helped it ring. One thing I thought was interesting about this guitar is it had an inlaid OVATION logo. The fingerboard is rosewood and has no inlays at all except the side dots. Now if I could just figure out why my Custom Legend does not have an inlaid OVATION logo??? (LOL)
Bailey
Posted 2003-12-16 2:48 AM (#199427 - in reply to #199423)

Paul D

Buy that guitar and stop worrying about your logo, I happen to know that cwk2, stole that logo when he was just a child and inlaid it on an Applause that he was trying to sell as a Custom Legend to score some truffles. Your guitar slipped by 3 QC inspectors and flew out the door as they were distracted by some kid playing an Applause with a Custom Legend logo. If you think that was bad, wait till the guy logs on here asking what an Adamas with a plywood top is worth (one of a kind dating to when cwk2 showed up with a composite top resonator Elite).

Who knows what evil lurks in the minds of men, THE SHADOW KNOWS.
:eek:
Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2003-12-16 8:00 AM (#199428 - in reply to #199423)

Thanks Bailey, the logo mystery is solved! (lol)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)