The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
looks like we did it !!!!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

alpep
Posted 2003-12-14 2:52 PM (#199379)
Subject: looks like we did it !!!!

2000 members in less than 2 years with almost 120K hits to this site.

I don't know about you but I can't believe it. To say that this is a success is an understatemnt!!! The overall response to this site is just overwhelming.

I want to thank all of you that participate and urge the lurkers to come out of the closet and join into the fun. I had a conversation yesterday with a member that told me he was at first reluctant to post thinking that he did not have much to contribute and that no one would be interested in what he had to say. This member is one of the core group that answers questions and posts on almost a daily basis.

I especially like to thank the gang from Ovation John Budny, Kim Keller, Rick Hall, Frank Untermyer, the guys on the line in the shop (doug cmsman etc), the warehouse guys (mark, andy), the service department (Gene, Kevin, Mike), sales staff and anyone else I missed. Everyone is very cooperative and many of you have not only been helpful but are people I consider friends.

An extra big thanks to CWKII who is always first to share his knowlege and speak his mind. A gentleman, fellow enthusiast, collector and good friend.

I hope to see many of you on March 26th 04, I know we will have a great time! IF you have not signed up do it now!

Thanks again
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tony PD
Posted 2003-12-14 3:30 PM (#199380 - in reply to #199379)
Subject: Re: looks like we did it !!!!

Thank YOU, Al and Miles, for giving us this great website and forum for us "roundback heads".
45flint
Posted 2003-12-14 3:54 PM (#199381 - in reply to #199379)

I just want to thank those that made this site possible. Sometimes I think I need to get a life, but I find I can always come here and be entertained and informed on Ovations guitars. There is just a wealth of knowledge being shared here. I very much appreciate all the insight and sharing of the appreciation for these fine and often underappreciated guitars.
Steve Kitchen Wooster Ohio
Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2003-12-14 4:37 PM (#199382 - in reply to #199379)

2000 members, fantastic! Al I think that this site proves that Ovation guitars ARE getting the respect they deserve. As the group continues to grow, word of Ovations is spreading also. Lets all keep jammin, and letting everyone hear what Ovations are all about. Great sounding guitars, that are just to cool!
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-12-14 4:41 PM (#199383 - in reply to #199379)

You know, I was just thinking of selling my Ovations and buying a Taylor, but after reading this...
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2003-12-14 5:34 PM (#199384 - in reply to #199379)

I really can't add much to what Al posted. It's fun to not only read about everyones guitars, but also to read about different views on recording, writing, gigging, repair, and just about every aspect of making music. The amount of knowledge being shared here not only by the membersship but by the people who have and continue to make these guitars is just amazing. I'd like to add Kathy Johnson to the list from Connecticut who saved me and TON of typing and research for some of the reference material.

There are also some people who post often that have helped us out with the site from time to time. Sending suggestions, assisting with research, or just shows of support. They and those mentioned by Al will be included in an upcoming "credits" page.

Al and I really appreciate the kind words but we just built the stage. It's the folks that post, even if only once, all the people that post often, and even the people who just lurk that have created the show.

So thanks again, and have a Great Holiday Season and New Year.

Just a quick note to those who have ordered merchandise from the OFC Store, and those who may order this coming week, that you should have your swag by the Holidays.

Hope to see many new faces in March too.

Miles
Chuck (Retired Navy)
Posted 2003-12-14 6:19 PM (#199385 - in reply to #199379)

I just want to say thanks to Al and Miles for all the work they do here. I have learned a lot about Ovation guitars, and even bought my Pacemaker from a member here. It is always nice to know that I am not the only one that likes a round back guitar that makes a beautiful sound.
Chuck (Retired Navy)
Posted 2003-12-14 6:31 PM (#199386 - in reply to #199379)

I just want to say thanks to Al and Miles for all the work they do here. I have learned a lot about Ovation guitars, and even bought my Pacemaker from a member here. It is always nice to know that I am not the only one that likes a round back guitar that makes a beautiful sound.
Mark1960
Posted 2003-12-14 7:01 PM (#199387 - in reply to #199379)

I would not be spending an enjoyable evening with my new FD-14 had I not found this place. It's been fun and encouraging.

a grateful newbie...
mark
Beal
Posted 2003-12-14 8:10 PM (#199388 - in reply to #199379)

We would have never been able to enjoy Cliff's Taylor ad. That alone makes it worth it, well almost.
To Al and Miles, well done
To the regulars, also well done
to the lurkers, join in, we won't make you pose for the Ovation version of the ad.
Now.......
what's the next milestone?
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2003-12-14 8:48 PM (#199389 - in reply to #199379)

What is really amazing is the strong "underground" interest in these guitars illustrated by this....if you go to most music stores that carry Gibson, Martin, Taylor and Ovation guitars together, you usually see the Martins and Taylors getting a lot of interest, the Gibsons some, and once in a while you see some interest in the Ovations(and all too often it is only in the Celebrities). Thanks to you all for helping me to feel less lonely in my interest..... :)

Roger

1976 Applause AA14-4 6-String
2001 Adamas 1598-MERB Melissa Etheridge 12-String
2003 Celebrity CC01 Spruce Top 6-String
swat274
Posted 2003-12-14 10:04 PM (#199390 - in reply to #199379)

Congratulations on a job well done....kudos much deserved, my friends. I've been out for a while, but never forgot about my comrades here. Christmas Blessings & good will to all.

KD
Mark1960
Posted 2003-12-14 10:39 PM (#199391 - in reply to #199379)

if you go to most music stores that carry Gibson, Martin, Taylor and Ovation guitars together, you usually see the Martins and Taylors getting a lot of interest, the Gibsons some, and once in a while you see some interest in the Ovations(and all too often it is only in the Celebrities). Thanks to you all for helping me to feel less lonely in my interest.....

DITTO!!
I was in Indy today and noticed that Sam Ash had bought a Mars that went out of business. I was wondering if anything had changed. Among the guitars you mentioned were 2 US made Ovations...an Elite T and a 12 string Balladeer. they had maybe 8 Celebrities/Applauses. The only thing they changed was the sign out front.

mark
Bailey
Posted 2003-12-15 1:20 AM (#199392 - in reply to #199379)

Miles, Al, CWKII and all

It is a feature of the Ovation guitar that it attracts a bunch of great people who then post on this board. Obviously, we are not talking to the Ovation guitars when we post, so these unique guitars must attract a unique ownership of exemplary people.

I generally avoid any kind of random association of people I don't know, but on this board I have found some great opinionators of the musician type and have really become addicted to the nightly BS sessions that seem to be an Ovation owners way of dealing with the world.

I think we have proven that Ovations attract the best of the world's musicians, and I am proud to be included. (I can lie a little about musicianship as I don't have to play on the board, only talk a great gig).

Great Site!!!

Bailey
grrroovedude
Posted 2003-12-15 3:45 AM (#199393 - in reply to #199379)

what can i add...

Miles, Al, congrats&thanx. Not only for making this possible, but for maintaining the site at no cost for the members.

Thnx to all the other 2000 for joining in. I only registered last february, but boy did I have some fun here.

What's the next target? 4000? 8000? The sky is the limit it seems...

Martin.
Bailey
Posted 2003-12-16 2:31 AM (#199394 - in reply to #199379)

Martin

"What can I add..."

I forgot to mention what you are contributing, and that is the great international flavor from yourself and others. I am stiil amazed when I can talk to someone like you in real time from my keyboard in remote New Mexico as if we were next door neighbors. Remember, I grew up before we even had TV, the first recordings my brother and I made was on a wire recorder in the 50's, (the recording was made by putting an AM magnetic signal on a wire rather than a tape). Music back then had to sound good on an AM radio, hence the popularity of song belters like Patsy Cline. We drove through the night with our AM'S blaring music through one speaker, no boompa boompa shaking the car, just Hank Williams, The Caddilacs, Patsy, Brenda Lee, Ernest Tubb, Eddy Arnold, The Magic Touch, The Great Pretender, Kitty Wells, Mac Wiseman. That was a typical night of music on AM radio when I drove my 49 Ford 12 hours from Virginia to Ohio on a weekend pass. Leave on Friday at 6 PM, arrive on Sat. at 6 AM, party all weekend with friends and family and head back at 6 PM on Tue to arrive at reveille at 5 AM on Wed. (Drive like a madman to make revielle, I can still see those 2 lane Virginia roads in my dreams ).

To "talk' to someone in Europe so easily is mind boggling.

That is what you add to the site.

Bailey
grrroovedude
Posted 2003-12-16 6:01 AM (#199395 - in reply to #199379)

That still amazes me too, Bailey. Though I'm probably half your age, i grew up with b/w tv and only 2 channels to choose from, no computers etc.

During my studies in 1989 I first saw the internet, but back then it was pure hobbyism for geeks. Incredible how it grew and made time and distance disappear.

Martin
alpep
Posted 2003-12-16 6:41 AM (#199396 - in reply to #199379)

It still amazes me that we get up to 5 new members a day and well now we are over 120K hits.

I know that Ovation has sold many guitars but I think that even though they have lost some visibility in the market there is still a HUGE group of loyal players out there.
grrroovedude
Posted 2003-12-16 6:54 AM (#199397 - in reply to #199379)

...AKA "back to the topic please" :)

Yes that amazes me too.

Martin
peterbright
Posted 2003-12-24 12:51 PM (#199398 - in reply to #199379)

Great site. Can the Ovation site place a link to you?
Paul Templeman
Posted 2003-12-24 7:03 PM (#199399 - in reply to #199379)

Originally posted by peterbright:
Great site. Can the Ovation site place a link to you?

They do, take a look under the FAQ section

http://www.ovationguitars.com/?fa=faq
peterbright
Posted 2003-12-26 8:31 PM (#199400 - in reply to #199379)

Yes, now I see it. Must have overlooked ot before.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)