The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation MM68 & Pignose G40V Amp

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

mikey2
Posted 2003-12-17 11:51 PM (#199263)
Subject: Ovation MM68 & Pignose G40V Amp

Well, I've got it all together and this is my initial impression, such as it is with my limited experience.

Well, I have the Pignose G40V amp, 25' shielded cord w/1/4' jacks, and the Ovation MM68 all together finally. Set the amp 25' ft away and turned on the power. Let the tubes warm for a couple minutes. Turned Master vol halfway, volume up less and all other controls halfway or nuetral. Hooked up mando and set volume halfway on mando controls. Strummed the mando and the sound was LOUD, real loud. It seemed to amplify the mando as I expected. Just the mando sound but LOUD. My "significant other" immediately shouted "turn it down". I haven't tested the amp properly but it is way more than I need for a practice amp! Sound was clean on all strings, No buzzing until volume was cranked way beyond useful level (at least for me 25' away). I don't know anything about amplified instruments but this baby honks! I was looking for a decent sound enhancer but not for anything but enhancing the merits of the Ovation MM68. The volume is way more than anyone could use in the 25 X 15 living room I tested it in. I don't know about using the controls to distort for special effects but will have to try it with my girlfriend out of the house, I can see that!!

Hey, it looks neat, nice brown cover, black cloth front, blk knobs, all corners have blk metal guards, nice top padded grip, small overall size & weight, 10" speaker, about 25 lbs. $199.99 shipped to my door by MusciansFriend. I now have entered MAS by way of amplification. If this combo performs like I think it will, I'm happy as hell. Then again, I don't know a damn thing about these things and am just going by my ears I've been using for 63 years. But even at my age I like noise if its music!!!!

More to come when I have help w/testing (I'm confined to hosp bed at present)

This was also posted on MandoCafe in the 4 string electric section
--------------
Mike Elia
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bailey
Posted 2003-12-18 12:35 AM (#199264 - in reply to #199263)
Subject: Re: Ovation MM68 & Pignose G40V Amp

Sounds good Mike

Looks like you have some great fun ahead checking this out for it's limits and variations. Keep us informed as you wring it out, I am now tempted to plug my mando in again (I have a BB Jr on one with a Martin acoustic preamp that I haven't ever completely checked out).

Bailey
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)