The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Legend 1777 LX Review in AG

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

MikeStull
Posted 2003-12-18 6:46 PM (#199205)
Subject: Legend 1777 LX Review in AG

AG arrived in the mail today. Here are excerpts from the Legend LX review, it is one of 11 Acoustic Electrics reviewed.

Listed as $1,439 without case. Solid Stika Spuce top, OP-Pro electronics all other specs are same as current models.

There is a photo of what appears to be a plug-in OP-Pro module (ala Takamine?), red LCD type display, tuner, three slide eq and large gain knob.

AG states it doesn't look much different than other Legends but has the redesigned bolt-on neck, OP-Pro preamp, lighter bowl, and radically scalloped top braces. "The craftsmanship is clean but there was a slight gap between finger board extension and top" (I suspect that would be intentional to allow more vibration/sound?). The LX has the "original TruBalance pickup".

AG states great playability and tonally very even throughout its range. "Played acoustically, it sounded more responsive, dynamic, and "woody" than earlier Ovation designs. Plugged in, it featured the classic amplified Ovation sound, with a strong initial attack and bright percussive quality. Players in search of ultranatural reproduction of acoustic tone may not find it to their liking, but the Legend was undeniably one of the most feedback resitant guitars in this review, and it easily penetrated the band mix." Acoustic Guitar, February 2004
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Englishplayer
Posted 2003-12-19 5:56 PM (#199206 - in reply to #199205)
Subject: Re: Legend 1777 LX Review in AG

Thanks for the advance info! I have to wonder about the retail price. The regular 1777 retails for 1510 with case (160 retail). Back out the case and the regular retail on the 1777 would be 1350. For this "advanced" lx model, the retail ($1439) without case this is only $89 dollars more than the regular 1777? I'm not one to argue with low prices, but is that retail on the new LX correct? If so, that means since the old 1777 sold for about $999, the new 1777 lx with case might be $1050 or so? Big Al, does that sound about right? My math may perhaps need some work! Also, previously the American made models retail came with cases, so the LX retails without case?
alpep
Posted 2003-12-19 6:43 PM (#199207 - in reply to #199205)

I am not sure on the retail prices and I am not sure if I get any preview to them prior to the namm show.
peterbright
Posted 2003-12-26 10:24 PM (#199208 - in reply to #199205)

Is there a price list for all current Ovation models available?
Steve
Posted 2003-12-27 8:51 AM (#199209 - in reply to #199205)

Am I correct in assuming the new LX models have yet to be offered for retail? Are there any USA product reviews yet? just curious...

steve
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)