The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
OP 30 red battery light on. What does that mean?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

omegaman
Posted 2003-12-23 2:03 AM (#199081)
Subject: OP 30 red battery light on. What does that mean?

Battery low? Battery ok? It seems fickle to me. Kinda confusing.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2003-12-23 7:25 AM (#199082 - in reply to #199081)
Subject: Re: OP 30 red battery light on. What does that mean?

call John budny or Kim Keller in service and as if they have had an issues with the battery light. I have not heard of any myself. You may have a defective preamp.
peterbright
Posted 2003-12-23 9:15 AM (#199083 - in reply to #199081)

The owners manual states that a continuous red light indicates that your battery is low. Remember your preamp is on & drawing current from the battery anytime you have a plug in the hole whether playing or not. Always unplug when not actively using an amp.

The owners manual is online in a PDF file on the Ovation website. Might be a good idea to have such files also available on this website.
Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2003-12-23 12:43 PM (#199084 - in reply to #199081)

Yep, time for a battery change. My 2002 collectors did that, I pulled out the preamp, changed the battery, and all is well.
mikey2
Posted 2003-12-23 2:21 PM (#199085 - in reply to #199081)

My owners manual for the OP24+ states that the battery is low if a light comes on. It should last for 100 to 200 hrs I've read.
TheEliteist
Posted 2003-12-23 4:48 PM (#199086 - in reply to #199081)

On a brand new factory delivered 1858 with an OP 30 preamp, my factory supplied battery caused the batt. light to come on after after three days. No big deal. I put a fresh one in. A few days later, the light was on again. Of course, I thought I had a faulty unit. I contacted the factory and they referred me to a dealer. Not wanting to be with out my new guitar, I decided to do a little trouble shooting myself. Thinking it could be a faulty jack, I removed the back plate and unplugged it from the base unit, as it utilizes a mini jack itself, to ohm it out. It checked out fine, so I plugged it back in.... the batt. light was out! Huh?.. The mini jack in the back of the OP 30 was apparently not completely plugged in, causing the unit to be "ON" constantly.
So, if your battery drains down rapidly, check the mini jack on the back of your preamp that it is fully plugged in, before you return it for service.(it requires 2 clicks to seat fully)
The interesting thing was that the OP 30 worked fine, giving no clue that the jack was not fully seated.

also, Chuck, member #360 posted this on 1/18/03:
"I had the same problem with the battery going dead on my Balladeer with the OP-24 pre-amp. Thanks to the help here on the board, I found the problem. The jack where you plug the amp in needed a minor adjustment. It was leaving the pre-amp on all the time. After removing the jack and bending the contacts out slightly, my battery has gone from lasting less than a week, to lasting over two months, although a month of that was in the guitar case while I was on emergency leave stateside. The hardest part was getting my arm inside the case to put the jack back in after adjusting it. Removing all the strings made more room, but not enough. It took me 30 minutes to get it back together and get the strings back on it. However, it was worth the effort."

I hope some of this helps,
Dale
:)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)