The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Battery replacement Pinnacle 386T

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2002-2003Message format

Pinnacle1
Posted 2003-12-27 11:24 AM (#198927)
Subject: Battery replacement Pinnacle 386T

I've owned this beautiful torch top Pinnacle for about 12 years and haven't played it through an amp in about 11 of those years. Santa brought me a killer little amp for Christmas and I couldn't wait to try it with my Ovation. Anyone out there know where the battery compartment is and any ideas how I can get to it? I'm usually good at figuring things out, but this one has me stumped.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2003-12-27 11:32 AM (#198928 - in reply to #198927)
Subject: Re: Battery replacement Pinnacle 386T

If there's not an external door for the battery, then it's inside the guitar. Look for a black screw that's near the preamp contols. If you have a roundhold guitar, you'll have to remove the strings or at least loosen them. With a multi hole guitar, take off the access plate on the back of the bowl. Reach inside and find the box that the screw holds. Then with a screwdriver, turn the screw 90 degrees. The box will come free. Pull it out carefully as there are wires connected to it. Slide off the cover of the box to find the battery (the cover can be a bear to slide off. Just stay with it).

I think Duracells work best.
Pinnacle1
Posted 2003-12-27 12:13 PM (#198929 - in reply to #198927)

Thanks Paul! That was too easy. I had the battery holder out before and assumed it was a pickup or something....not the battery compartment.

Thanks again!

Pinnacle1
Paul Blanchard
Posted 2003-12-27 12:43 PM (#198930 - in reply to #198927)

The original Pinnacle series predates external battery access. The drill prescribed for battery replacement is the same for most round hole Ovations with pickups and no snap out battery compartment.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)