The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
one of the Pauls? - Ovation sited

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Paul Blanchard
Posted 2004-02-11 12:16 PM (#198371 - in reply to #198346)
Subject: Re: one of the Pauls? - Ovation sited

The name "Goombay Smash" alone sounds potent enough to turn the unexpecting partaker into a parrothead...

I will have to take that one under advisement. My new wife joined AA nearly 25 years ago and hasn't touched a drop since that wasn't first consecrated by a priest. (Marrying me saved her from that risk... I consecrate grape juice, lol.) Her commitment to that has rubbed off on me, so I have pretty much given it up, too.

In the spirit of self-disclosure, that is no small thing. I worked my way through my last four years of grad school at Duke as a wine consultant for one of the better wine shops in the USA. Giving up good wine is much harder than giving up booze in general. It is made somewhat easier by the fact that those of my profession generally can't afford really good wine. Is that something like 'sour grapes'? (Or just cognitive dissonance??)

Cliff, I will, however, raise a demitasse of Caffe Cubano negro in your honor. My Key West years made a serious coffee drinker out of me. That probably saved me from rum......

Speaking of which, last year in Belize I bought a bottle of aged Flor de Cana in the airport duty free shop. I had heard of it in a song by Bruce Cockburn. That Nicaraguan rum almost made a drinker out of me!

Sorry for the ramble.... my last cup of coffee seems to have kicked in. Or maybe I am just avoiding real work.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)