The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ray Davies

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Mario
Posted 2004-01-06 11:01 AM (#197820)
Subject: Ray Davies

Who knew that Ray Davies played Ovations? Not me!

http://kinks.it.rit.edu/
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mario
Posted 2004-01-06 11:03 AM (#197821 - in reply to #197820)
Subject: Re: Ray Davies

Sorry about that the link is not quit right. If you go there and then see the image section, there is one call Ray and Hall of fame show, that's it.
Standingovation
Posted 2004-01-06 11:04 AM (#197822 - in reply to #197820)

Last I knew he was using a Legend for live work. But I think that is only in the past few years. Earlier I know he used Martian guitars of some sort. Dave
cliff
Posted 2004-01-06 11:27 AM (#197823 - in reply to #197820)

A bunch of years ago I saw him on a TV show promoting a solo acoustic tour and he was playing an O (shallow bowl, dark green finish, single cutaway). They (Kinks) released a double live album a few years ago that had a bunch of "unplugged" stuff on and I think that the same guitar is featured on there. I'm not positive, but I think he may be back in Martinsville.

On another note:
The current issue of GuitarWorldAcoustic has an article/interview with Richie Sambuca in it. The opening page has a big, full-page photo of him clutching a black Adamas. They must've used an old "stock" photo and'll end up getting called on the carpet over it. The very last question in the interview regarded what guitars he used. ". . . Well, since I'm ENDORSED by Martin now . ." yada-yada-yada. Evidently, there'a a (surprise surprise) Richie Sambora Signature model coming out. Not sure, but I think you'll have to pay extra if you want the gay cowboy hat with it ;)
Strummin12
Posted 2004-01-06 11:52 AM (#197824 - in reply to #197820)

arts     books     epicure     fashion     film     music     people     tv & radio  

Home   >   Entertainment   >   People   >   Article

Kinks' Ray Davies survives mugging
New Orleans
January 7, 2004

Ray Davies, the lead singer of the British rock group the Kinks, was released from hospital after being shot in the leg while chasing a mugger.

Davies, 59, was walking in the city's French Quarter on Sunday evening when an attacker grabbed his girlfriend and threatened to kill her.

Awarded a CBE last week for his services to music, Davies handed over all his money but was shot while chasing the robber.

"He ran after them and was wounded in the right thigh," police spokesman Marlin Defillo said. Police have arrested one suspect and are searching for the second.

During interrogation, the suspect revealed that he stole the money to buy the new Richie Sambora Signature Martin guitar, in hopes of getting the "gay" hat.
Beal
Posted 2004-01-06 3:27 PM (#197825 - in reply to #197820)

That's why he did it!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)