The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
help with a 1997 Collector

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

45flint
Posted 2004-01-06 10:24 PM (#197797)
Subject: help with a 1997 Collector

I just got my newly purchased 1997 Collectors. It is fine except for one thing which I am not sure is normal. The fingering is fine up to the body fret. Where the neck joints the body the fingerboard seems to slant down as it follows the soundboard that it is glued to. At the end of the fingerboard the bass E string is about a 1/4" off the fingerboard. There is no bow or anything that else that seem abnormal. The bridge is plenty high and I can bring it down. Is this normal?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Standingovation
Posted 2004-01-07 6:45 AM (#197798 - in reply to #197797)
Subject: Re: help with a 1997 Collector

This is a traditional problem with Ovations (I have a mando in the shop right now getting the same thing fixed). Happens because the neck set angle is not right (changes over time). Sometimes, as in the case of my mando, it's because the top actually "sinks" a bit. Since the neck is attached to the top it causes the hump in the neck at the body joint or change in angle at the upper frets. This can be corrected with what is generally called a Neck Reset. Go to a good repair guy and he will know what to do (or send it to Ovation). I'm guessing it would cost about $75 to $100 to get it done properly. My mando is a bit more expensive because I'm geting other work done to it at the same time. Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)