The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
My "new" 2002 Collectores arrived today

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Nils
Posted 2004-01-13 12:36 AM (#197365)
Subject: My "new" 2002 Collectores arrived today

My 2002 Collectors arrived today. Paul Hebert & Tony Calman both took excellent care of it. It still smells new! That was one of the first things I noticed when I sat down to play it was the smell. It plays & sounds every bit as good as the 2003 I was pining over, if not better, & it's a gorgeous thing to look at. Prettier than the 2003.
Now if you'll excuse me I have a new guitar to play. This may take a while.

/\/\/
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bailey
Posted 2004-01-13 12:47 AM (#197366 - in reply to #197365)
Subject: Re: My "new" 2002 Collectores arrived today

Nils

Let me be the first to say, Enjoy Enjoy.

Even though children are starving in Africa, and old people here in USA are forced to play the same old instruments day after day while being hounded by the IRS. Go ahead and enjoy your new guitar even though half the people on this board don't get enough food for survival because of the high price of steak caused by the Atkins diet. Pluck away while surrounded by misery, or donate some of your sources of guilt to some of the less fortunate (My Email adress is available and I will pay shipping within reason).

Bailey :rolleyes:
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-01-13 1:18 AM (#197367 - in reply to #197365)

Just another great example of the craftmanship by the crew at Ovation!!

It is a great guitar. Deserves to be played.

Last time I looked, Al has a good one on his web site for sale.
peterbright
Posted 2004-01-13 11:36 AM (#197368 - in reply to #197365)

Nils, enjoy your new baby & of course post some pictures.
Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2004-01-13 2:47 PM (#197369 - in reply to #197365)

Nils, there is a picture of me playing that guitar in the gallery. I hated to part with it, but I ended up with two of them. It is a beauty. Not only the top, but the wood on the neck is beautful. I played that one in chuch a few times, and it sounded great plugged in. Glad you got her!
Nils
Posted 2004-01-13 10:30 PM (#197370 - in reply to #197365)

Actually Paul I stole several pictures you posted of it in the gallery before it arrived so I could look at 'em :) I've even sent some of them to other people, I hope you didn't have 'em copyrighted. (I didn't send your picture, just the guitar.) I loved the looks of it when you first posted those pictures. At the time it never occurred to me that some day I'd own it. Your pictures of it were great so I saw no reason to take more.
My wife seems to have thought I should sell the 1612 (or "one of those other guitars you've got") cuz I bought the 2002. The way she looks at it they're both 6 string Ovations, period.
So tonight, just for the hell of it & in the interest of making sure she wasn't right, (& cuz I can! :) ), I've been playing the 2002, then the 1612, then the 2002, then the 1612, then the 2002...
She's wrong. As much as I love the 2002, it simply isn't a replacement for the 1612. Nor is the 1612 a replacement for the 2002. I gotta have 'em both.
The 2002 has a lot faster neck & much better electronics, it's also lots prettier & sounds wonderful, but it doesn't sound like that big ol' deep bowl non-cutaway round holed 1612.
Apples & oranges. I like apples. I like oranges. (I even like 12 string apples & 12 string oranges, which is probably going to lead to more complications down the road.)
Since Tony was kind enough to make the 2002 within my financial means I'm keeping 'em both.
Besides, my wife & I have already advanced to the "don't ask, don't tell" stage with the "required" new guitar- She hasn't asked if it's here yet & I haven't offered to tell her. I've been playing it in the room where she isn't.
This arrangement seems to be working great so far. In the short term anyway.
In all honesty, my wife will tease me a little about it, but that's all. After 25 years she's used to me & the toys I "need". Although I think she's beginning to pay more attention to what my toys are worth so she'll know what she can get out of 'em when I croak! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

You people don't think 6 guitars is too many do you? :)

/\/\/
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-01-13 10:50 PM (#197371 - in reply to #197365)

Naw...you're just starting.

With the three Custom Legends coming in, got ten O's (6 CL's) and 7 others. No wonder I am running out of wall space.
Standingovation
Posted 2004-01-13 10:54 PM (#197372 - in reply to #197365)

I think there may be 6 in the house that I don't even remember I have. Last week I bought a new CD only to get home and find out that I already had it. Some day I'll probably do the same with a guitar. Dave
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-01-13 10:56 PM (#197373 - in reply to #197365)

My wife, Suzie, says just convince her they are works of art...that way you can have them in the living room, dining room, bedroom, etc.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-01-13 11:35 PM (#197374 - in reply to #197365)

I've got 10 O's scattered around the house, on the walls and on stands. Possibly two more coming this year (if I can figure out how to afford them). My wife definitly thinks they are art and look wonderful out of their cases and around the house.

Life is very good.
Nils
Posted 2004-01-14 12:41 AM (#197375 - in reply to #197365)

HA! I'll tell her 6 is nuttin'!

I don't think the "works of art" thing will fly though. I don't leave my guitars out, much too dangerous. Too many possibilities for disaster.
You might find this hard to believe, but last night when I got home from work there was not only the dog (pure bred Beaglador :) ) & the dopey alley cat my wife adopted (& spent several hundred bucks on!), but there was a full grown, live, hen pheasant running around in here! There has been several feet of snow here for two weeks & I'd seen a hen pheasant in the back yard where we've been feeding & watering the wild birds. I guess that dopey cat figured out how to drag the bird in through the doggie door. The cat was chasing the pheasant, the dog was chasing the cat, I was chasing all three. Finally got the pheasant out the patio door sans cat.
We also have two cockatiels that cruise around in here when we're home. The beaglador keeps the cat away from them by tearing after it when it looks at the birds. Then there's Churchy the turtle but he's pretty benign. Sorta like living in a zoo sometimes. Then there are the 6 nephews that come over regularly. I don't leave my guitars out, they stay in their OHSC's when not in use.

/\/\/
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)