The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Advice on mobile gear

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

stonebobbo
Posted 2004-01-13 11:44 AM (#197362)
Subject: Advice on mobile gear

I've been doing an enormous amount of travel over the past year+, and my playing time gets extremely limited. I'm toying with the idea of taking my solid body Viper on the road with me ... and am looking at a processor for play and practice. I've seen the Digitech RP200 (or RP300) and the Pandora PX4. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these, or other gear I should be looking at? I want to be able to play through headphones while I'm in my hotel rooms, and like the idea of the rhythm section and various amp models and effects. Any input is appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
grrroovedude
Posted 2004-01-13 3:42 PM (#197363 - in reply to #197362)
Subject: Re: Advice on mobile gear

I've been using the Boss GT-3 for quite some time now and am very satisfied with it. No rhythmsection however.

It's loaded with fx, has an acoustic preampsim which is rather good, and an anti-feedbacker that makes a good combination with my optima's notch filter, combined with a truckload of ampsims.

It's built like a tank and can be plugged into the mixing desk, a power amp or your regular guitar amp and has a connection for headphones.

A qualitative even better alternative would be a Line6 POD (portable, but you have to buy the footswitch separately) or POD XT (19", and a lot heavier) or TC-electronics G-major, which is also 19" and comes w/o a footswitch as well.

Budget alternative would be a Behringer V-Amp.

Martin
Paul Templeman
Posted 2004-01-13 7:00 PM (#197364 - in reply to #197362)
Subject: Re: Advice on mobile gear

I'd agree with Groove, for sheer value for money the V-amp is great, I know several V-amp owners who prefer it over the pod.

If you own a lap-top a very cheap but effective option would be a Line-6 guitar port. They can be had for around $150. It's ideal for travelling as the hardware will easily fit in a lap-top case. The version-2 software is fantastic. I'm in the middle of recording an album for a ska-punk band & we've tracked all the guitars with the Guitar Port.

http://www.guitarport.com/
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)