The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 123
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Seasonal shipping

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Tony Calman
Posted 2004-02-12 5:07 PM (#197299 - in reply to #197249)
Subject: Re: Seasonal shipping

At least in this case, professionally shipped from CT...complete with foam shoulders - UPS rep was impressed; better than the 30th Anniv I got the same day - no damage to 30th Anniv. New box, good case. Were cuts on the corners and pressure marks on top over where the soundhole would have been, typical UPS crude where it looked like it had slid back and forth in the back of a dirty truck (only said it looked like it.) This guitar was thrown, dropped, or something was dropped on it. This had to be a stress/pressure crack.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2004-02-12 5:37 PM (#197300 - in reply to #197249)

I have been putting extra cardboard in the boxes ever since the UPS goons told me that a single thickness was not enough even though it was an original carton.

And when is an original carton not original? when it is used. UPS wants you to ship in the original carton BUT when You ship something in the original carton and it is damaged then they tell you the box is not NEW and USED and therefore no good. the infamous catch 22.

if they want to get you they will believe me. I had a few fights with UPS insurance people they are well versed in Orwellian doublespeak.

btw guitars are shipped tuned to pitch from the factory. BUT if you ship UPS you better tell them you detuned the strings or they won't pay the claim. I always detune when I ship it is just a habit I got into. I think it has no real effect. I think you really need to pack well.
MWoody
Posted 2004-02-12 5:40 PM (#197301 - in reply to #197249)

A short break for Yang.

I shipped a guitar across the US via my Local UPS Store. $7.50 for box, $7.50 for packing, Too Freakin much for shipping - It made it and I received full credit. Al shipped my LX cross country - no problems. All of this was during the dead of winter and while this thread was going on. So have heart, it could be OK.

And now back to our regularly scheduled horror stories...
alpep
Posted 2004-02-12 6:01 PM (#197302 - in reply to #197249)

I just got 2 deliveries today. one from CT from the factory. Packed in the original box with all the stabilizers. the guitar came flawless and was repacked to go to its new home.

the second box came from a big box store in florida. The guitar was in the case and put in the box. no extra cardboard no stabilizers no padding, NOTHING.. the case came with a huge crack the guitar is fine. Let the insurance games begin..
CharlieB
Posted 2004-02-12 6:58 PM (#197303 - in reply to #197249)

Jeeze Al, I'm so sorry... I didn't get to look at the case, it was "in the back".

Is the guitar as you expected though?
alpep
Posted 2004-02-13 12:58 PM (#197304 - in reply to #197249)

the guitar is great
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)