The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Jazz... isn't that just a series of mistakes disguised as musical composition?” - David St. Hubbins of Spinal Tap

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
The ovation 247 fell down

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Tristan
Posted 2004-01-17 2:02 PM (#197119)
Subject: The ovation 247 fell down

The ovation celebrity deluxe 247 fell down and banged the floor
everything seems to be in spot except a little round piece of wood (looks like the piece cut down from the leaves-like-hole-covers) which was glued there.
is this piece important to the sound of my guitar? should i take it to repair?
or it is there just for pretty...
please help me i gotta do something about it ;D
thank you very much.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Bob Mintus
Posted 2004-01-17 3:43 PM (#197120 - in reply to #197119)
Subject: Re: The ovation 247 fell down

Tristan, if the round piece of wood was the "inside" of one of the epaulet holes, you should be fine. It may have been left in the guitar during manufacture. As long as the top and epaulets are undamaged, the sound of the guitar should not be affected.

If you change the size of the holes, you will get a different sound. There are a small port (small hole) and large port (large hole) version of one of the Tangent series of guitars.

How does the guitar sound? If you can't tell a difference, you're probably fine, assuming you didn't damage the neck/bowl joint or the bowl/top joint.

A picture might help to aid the diagnosis, but I think that you are probably OK. I'd consider myself lucky. Eventually nearly every instrument gets some abuse, but with reasonable care you should be fine.
Tristan
Posted 2004-01-17 4:35 PM (#197121 - in reply to #197119)

indeed it is the inside of one of the so called 'epaulets'.
but if it was left there at time of manufacture,
how could it have been GLUED there? it must have been there on purpose, no?

anyways, thank you very much for the reply
i sent two photos to your email ad.

waiting for reply and thanks.
Bob Mintus
Posted 2004-01-17 6:45 PM (#197122 - in reply to #197119)

Neat pictures. I wouldn't think that you'd have a relic like that floating around, but maybe it was loose in the bowl when the glue was drying. A sharp knock was probably enough to break it loose.

Wonder if one of the Ovation guys will comment after they get back from the NAMM show this weekend (better give 'em a day or two to recover!)....

I tried to include the picture you e-mailed me and couldn't find out quickly (within 5 minutes) how to do it. I've seen other posts with pictures so it can be done...somehow.
Tristan
Posted 2004-01-17 10:37 PM (#197123 - in reply to #197119)

so, from what i understand from what you wrote down, this piece does NOT belong there?

btw, to insert the pics they gotta be online somewhere and you add them using the ubb code below the edit message square.

waiting for reply
Bailey
Posted 2004-01-18 1:12 AM (#197124 - in reply to #197119)

Tristan

Welcome to the board, always nice to hear from other countries. I am no expert on your question but I suspect taht if you want to include a photo that you first have to store it on your computer hard disc as a digital image and know the name and type of file, then if you look below this data entry screen you will see the choice "IMAGE" and along with that will be some questions ( I just tried it and it asked for a URL, so I guess your right about storing it on the web somewhere) so I can't help you either. Miles or someone will come along shortly and solve this problem. Meantime, I wouldn't worry too much as it sounds like a sound hole cutout ended up inside the guitar. Maybe it was trying to escape from Korea. :D

Bailey
Bob Mintus
Posted 2004-01-18 8:39 AM (#197125 - in reply to #197119)

Yes, it's just a piece of scrap that should have been removed during manufacture...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)