The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
"Guitar Club" update

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Slipkid
Posted 2004-01-21 10:45 AM (#196773)
Subject: "Guitar Club" update

Last night I met up with BrianT (from this board) at the Huber-Breese. We played a bunch of guitars for an hour & a half.
A customer of mine noticed my Ovation hat. He has a Matrix O. We got to talking and he showed up also. His wife just opened up the "Now & Zen" cafe. It sells coffee, healthy sandwiches, and has couches to sit on. He suggested it might be a good place to meet. So.....next Tuesday we will do just that. I will continue to keep my radar up for possible players.
Roger.....I know Canton is a bit of a drive, but you are always welcome. In fact, I would guarantee you "special guest star" billing if you ever decided to show up.
So far....so good.
Brad
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BrianT
Posted 2004-01-21 5:54 PM (#196774 - in reply to #196773)
Subject: Re: "Guitar Club" update

It was nice to meet you Slipkid, Enjoyed playing all those guitars, even the (dare I say it) ...Martins Taylors and Gibsons, oh my!. Looking forward to getting a good group going.

I am still laughing about the photo posted in Huber-Breeze of Glen Campbell, shortly after his arrest, all disheveled and scowling for the camera, that read "Glen Campbell plays an Ovation, you should too!" We need to get a copy of that and adopt it as our motto and get it posted in the OFC photo section.

Anyone one else in the neighborhood of SE Michigan drop us a line and pay us a visit.
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2004-01-21 7:09 PM (#196775 - in reply to #196773)

Brad and Brian, I appreciate the invitation and intend to do so some time...things are a little crazy at work right now, and in addition, treking across the frozen Michigan tundra at night is not my favorite thing to do right now. Huber and Breese is most of an hour away from me.

I don't think I would deserve the "special guest star" billing, the guitar I bring(either The Melissa or The Glen) might though!!!! Of course, the Old Applause Owner might bring the Old Applause for a laugh, too!

If I bring The Melissa back through the doors at Huber and Breese, it might freak and think it's going back to "prison" again(where it spent the first 2 years of its life)!!!!! :D

Roger

1976 Applause AA14-4 6-String
1981 Ovation 1118-1 Glen Campbell 12-string
2001 Adamas 1598-MERB Melissa Etheridge 12-String
2003 Celebrity CC01 Spruce Top 6-String
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2004-01-24 9:40 AM (#196776 - in reply to #196773)

Brad and Brian, just realized, I should have asked....where is the "Now and Zen", and when are you meeting???? I absolutely cannot make it this Tuesday(thanks to stuff going on at Ford), but if we get a break in this weather(!) in the coming weeks, I may have a try....Mrs. OAO will probably come as well.....

For some reason, I thought you were meeting at Huber and Breese....then I reread the post.....

Roger

Slipkid
Posted 2004-01-24 10:20 AM (#196777 - in reply to #196773)

Roger...it looks like our first get together is Tuesday Feb 3rd at 7 pm. For directions go to www.nowandzencafe.com ...it is just a little east of Lakeside Mall. My guess is that we will start at one meeting a month.
Do you know "Wild Horses" or "Country Roads"?
Bring a capo.
Don, the cafe owners wife, has a Ovation Matrix sitting out at the cafe. When I visited it was sitting by the window in the sun. The headstock end of the aluminum neck was 20 degrees warmer than up by the bowl. The bowl was also sunbaked. I figured that this thing just cannot be in tune. Darn if it wasn't and it sounded just fine. The top has a bunch of finish cracks.....no wait...lets call them "character lines" instead.
Brad
p.s. Congrates to FoMoCo!!! Hope it means better days ahead. The Motor City has been "Riding the crest of the slump" for to long now.
Bailey
Posted 2004-01-25 1:23 AM (#196778 - in reply to #196773)

There was talk in some newspaper of a 10 cylinder Shelby reissue Cobra. I now have to live to see it and maybe, just maybe, drive it. Life may have some meaning greater than a 12 string, 10 cylinder Cobra, the Holy Grail pales in comparison. Any hints Roger???
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2004-01-25 9:02 AM (#196779 - in reply to #196773)

Bailey, what you're referring to is the Cobra showcar that was revealed at the North American (Detroit) International Auto Show at the beginning of the month.....I haven't a clue if it will go into production, those decisions are made miles above my level.

It's POSSIBLE....the basic car is the chassis for the Ford GT that is going into production later this year. The V-10 engine is a version of the 6.8L V-10 that is currently available in Ford F-250/F-350. The Dodge Viper engine started as a truck engine as well......

Roger

Bailey
Posted 2004-01-26 1:56 AM (#196780 - in reply to #196773)

Thanks Roger

The GT looks pretty interesting too, sounds like Ford is going to go for some performance to match the 180MPH Corvette due out soon. Is there any rumors of the Fords showing up in the LeMans type races? Just to stay on subject, I assume these cars will have a place to stash the OHSC like the early sports cars had to accomodate a "standard" suitcase.
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2004-01-26 6:52 PM (#196781 - in reply to #196773)

No rumors AT ALL of these GTs going racing(at least with corporate sponsorship)....I believe the intent is that it is a high-performance TOURING car, not a racing car. The difference is in the suspension. Also don't think there actually is any space for a OHSC in it. Haven't seen one of the GTs opened up, but I do see one periodically running around on the test track in Dearborn. It is a pretty sight....

Roger

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)