The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Custom Legend - Timeline

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Tony Calman
Posted 2004-01-30 2:50 PM (#196254)
Subject: Custom Legend - Timeline

The #1619 CL was introduced in 1974, Patriot was a version of the CL in 1976. Other than that, haven't found much info (Ovation Timeline doesn't have much.)

Was the abalone inlay used on the first models? We know that there is at least one '79 with the gold logo on headstock - was the current logo inlaid used prior to '79 - Paul Hebert had some posts about the gold logo on the '79 but was this an anomaly?

Assume acoustic only in '74? If so, when was acoustic phased out?

When was the first a/e model, did it come with vol/tone stack or single vol (if single, when was stack available - know stack was available on '79; was there a version with two wood knobs on side.

Does anyone on the OFC have a CL 6-string (other than Patriot) earlier than 1979?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Standingovation
Posted 2004-01-30 3:36 PM (#196255 - in reply to #196254)
Subject: Re: Custom Legend - Timeline

Tony - I think the CL 1119 and CL 1619 came out at the same time in '74, although they were in the June '73 price list (?). A/E version had stacked V/T knob. I may be wrong but I thought the '76 Patroit had the same bracing as the Legend, not the CL. I could be wrong. Probably am.

It's funny that when I first saw the CL in '74-75 I was disappointed because Ovation "sold out to cosmetics" and vowed that the only "real" ovations would continue to be the Balladeer and Legend. Look at me now - I love the CL sound AND the looks. I guess 30 years will do that to you. Dave
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-01-30 3:58 PM (#196256 - in reply to #196254)
Subject: Re: Custom Legend - Timeline

re: Patriot

Dave, that was my understanding except timeline on Ovation site said:

New top finishes introduced: Red, White, or Blue Patriot Bicentennial. Limited run of 1776 guitars, fancy version of Custom Legend with drum-and-flag decal and "1776*1976" on lower treble bout.

Nothing on Patriot in disc/archive so who knows...anyway that is why I included it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)