The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Ovation 1312 - what is this worth?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Brian English
Posted 2004-01-30 3:34 PM (#196240)
Subject: Ovation 1312 - what is this worth?

Can't seem to find info in the vintage guitar magazine price guide or on the harmony central user reviews. The guitar is in excellent condition. I need to sell it but I need to know what a fair asking price would be.
ser#253376/Exc. Cond/really clean,V. nice hard /V. nice glossy finish w/some inlay.

Thanks for any info,
Brian
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stonebobbo
Posted 2004-01-30 3:57 PM (#196241 - in reply to #196240)
Subject: Re: Ovation 1312 - what is this worth?

The 1312 comes in two flavors ... USA made and Korean made. The label inside the bowl should tell you where it was made. Your serial number indicates a 1981 model, but the 1312 wasn't introduced until 1983 ... which were all initially made in the US. So it's likely its the Korean variety. In either case, probably something less than $300. There are always several "Ultra" series (of which the 1312 is part of) guitars on eBay. Do a search and see what they have typically brought. On balance, the US versions bring more than the Korean models.

"Worth" is subjective, however. I have an '82 1311 (with a neck from a 1312) that probably wouldn't bring more than $150, but I'd never sell it for three times that much ... sentimental value.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)