The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Orlando Guitar Show

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

peterbright
Posted 2004-01-31 5:54 PM (#196193)
Subject: Orlando Guitar Show

Went to the show & was underwhelmed. Only a few Ovations there...most with strings that looked older than the guitars. Much too noisy to actually hear how they sounded any way. Never caught up with Al or cwk2. Made the best of it & visited a number of guitar stores from Orlando back to Lee County. Actually found a feedback buster at a store in Sarasota for my 12 string that I bought.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2004-01-31 7:54 PM (#196194 - in reply to #196193)
Subject: Re: Orlando Guitar Show

Peter, I had a similar experience in Detroit in November as well....there's another show in April and I don't know if I will even bother to go.....

Roger

1976 Applause AA14-4 6-String
1981 Ovation 1118-1 Glen Campbell 12-string
2001 Adamas 1598-MERB Melissa Etheridge 12-String
2003 Celebrity CC01 Spruce Top 6-String
peterbright
Posted 2004-01-31 9:13 PM (#196195 - in reply to #196193)

Round trip was over 400 miles & probably wouldn't do it again. Saw some nice vintage guitars but that's not really my thing. Was impressed with a Blueridge BR160 which is available under $500 on line. Looked (except for the overly gaudy headstock) much like a Martin HD28 & sounded about 85% of the real deal Martin. Made in China but the workmanship looked very good for that price level.
Jeff
Posted 2004-01-31 10:26 PM (#196196 - in reply to #196193)

Peter,

Sorry I missed you, but fortunately I was able to say "hi" to Al, CWK2 and Miles... It was really great to meet you guys! Al, sorry your first trip to Orlando was "dampened" by all the rain!

Peter, you're absolutely right about the lack of O's at the show. Unfortunately, it's been that way about every year. I think your "underwhelmed" says it all...

Jeff
Beal
Posted 2004-02-01 5:43 PM (#196197 - in reply to #196193)

Peter, Sorry to have missed you. I agree that the show was pretty much a yawn however I was able to sell one guitar there. Nothing interesting except the triple neck balalika/mandolin solidbody. As Al and I were commenting, after a while only the realllllly weird shit is interesting. Not many Nationals, a few Ovations, NO Hamers, boring mid 70's and 80's Fenders and Gibsons and Martins. But it was like many of these shows, they suck but seeing the people (Al, Miles, Lisa, Nick, Jeff, Timm, Don, and several others) made the trip worth it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)