The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Norseman Rides Again!!!

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Norseman1
Posted 2004-02-04 11:57 AM (#195806)
Subject: Norseman Rides Again!!!

Ahh, it's good to see my name scattered over every post on the bulletin board. Putting my two-cents in, and leaving much less than that in value. Nevertheless, it is fun for me... the rest of you will have to bear with me for a while. Once I finish ranting and raving, whining and wishing for a few days, I will once again slip back into the black hole of cyberspace, until my next round of the same ol same ol.

Peace,

Norse(the restless spirit of the north)man1
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2004-02-04 12:00 PM (#195807 - in reply to #195806)
Subject: Re: Norseman Rides Again!!!

I'm glad you are man. I thought I was the only one with the gift of ending good strings!

"It's not over til the fat lady sings"
TheEliteist
Posted 2004-02-04 5:12 PM (#195808 - in reply to #195806)

It's always good to hear from someone that has not post for awhile. I don't post every day myself. I'd talk your ear off in person, but have a difficult time with the written word. It seems like I have been misunderstood more often in type, than in person. Kind of keeps me a little bit more reclusive...
Anyhow, I always enjoy your posts...

Dale
Beal
Posted 2004-02-05 7:09 PM (#195809 - in reply to #195806)

Norseman! You got Russel hiding up there with you?? Maybe his fingers froze up and he can't type?

W(good to have you back again even if it's for a little while)2
Bailey
Posted 2004-02-06 2:28 AM (#195810 - in reply to #195806)

Norsey

I have to confess that when we didn't hear from you for a while and somebody remarked on your absence that I theorized that the phone lines up there froze like water lines, backing up all the conversations, and leading to a flood of words in the spring when they thawed out like the creeks flood when the ice melts. I WAS RIGHT.

Good to hear from you, extreme wisdom comes from being frozen away from the real world and having time to think. (My grandkids asked me to ask you what it's like living in an igloo, they think the arctic circle runs through Montana, South Dakota, and Iowa. The Dem primary only convinced them they were right.)
Pep
Posted 2004-02-06 9:33 AM (#195811 - in reply to #195806)

You can tell the grandkids that the artic circle does extend down into North Dakota. Four years in Minot confirmed that. You can tell you're not contributing to the conversation when you put in your two-cents and get back change...
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-02-06 9:39 AM (#195812 - in reply to #195806)

Is that why everbody just pushes the entire 2 cents back at me?
Norseman1
Posted 2004-02-06 10:47 AM (#195813 - in reply to #195806)

Well I tell ya, there is light at the end of the tunnel here in the frozen tundra! Just survived a snap of -20 to -37 below weather (with windchills down to -50) and over 17 inches of snow over the past few weeks up here in Brainerd Minnesota. It has gotten above the century mark (as warms as 20 degrees last Tuesday)and even out of minus digits overnight the past few days. I think the worst is behind us, and we're looking forward to March.

Hey, they are having an "Old Time Gospel Nite" at my church this evening. Plan on doing another song recorded by Johnny Cash (Where you there When They Crucified My Lord). I'm using my 1117 Legend. I put a Lawerence pick-up in the soundhole, and attached a lapel mic to a brace inside the guitar and aimed it at the mid/level strings. Together, played through my CA60 to even things out, actually sounds pretty good. Low tech, but done with stuff I had laying around (I think I bought the lapel mic for about $12.00 6 years ago).

It's good to be back posting, been VERY busy at home and work lately, but hope to post more often, as I really have come to enjoy conversing, and getting to know many of you guys. There are quality people on this board, and I appreciate the opportunity to be part of it.

Peace,

Norse(by the way, my house does somewhat resemble an igloo from the outside, but the only whale fat inside is attached to me, and the last time I asked my wife to soften my shoes by chewing on them, she softened my head by beating on it with a frozen Walleye :eek: )man1
Bailey
Posted 2004-02-07 1:03 AM (#195814 - in reply to #195806)

Norsey

That Johnny Cash song is one of his best when he did it with the Carter sisters and if you dig into it's history, I think it was written by the father of bluegrass, Bill Monroe. If he didn't write it, he (Bill Monroe) did a version of it.

You sparked my taste buds when you mentioned walleye, we used to catch them in Lake Erie with yellow perch by the dozens, never can forget those great fillets caught and cleaned, dipped in flour and fried and accompanied by some good 50's Stroh's beer. Your temperatures in the negatives would seeem to indicate that being whapped in the head by a walleye might be fatal as they are sure to be hard as a ball bat.

Bailey
Bailey
Posted 2004-02-08 2:35 AM (#195815 - in reply to #195806)

Have to make a slight correction to the previous post, it was BLUEGILL that we caught in Lake Erie. There is a big difference.
Norseman1
Posted 2004-02-10 10:40 AM (#195816 - in reply to #195806)

Youbetcha there's a big difference Bailey...Frozen Bluegills hurt way less!

By the way, the Johnny Cash song was a big success! I was somewhat concerned, as you don't want to come off as trying to imitate Johnny (as there is/was/is only one), but yet making it sound close enough for the song to be recognizable. In any event, it was a lot of fun. I ended up throwing in an interpretation of Johnny's recording "He Turned The Water Into Wine" as well.

Norse(...and as Johnny reached the river Jordan, The Good Lord looked across to Johnny and said... "HOW HIGH'S THE WATER JOHNNY?!... Lord,it's three feet high and risin'!")man1
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)