The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Tribal Planet gig bags.

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2008Message format

muzza
Posted 2008-11-05 1:49 AM (#13342)
Subject: Tribal Planet gig bags.

Could someone (Porltee??) tell me the difference between a GX10, GX15 and a GX40? The Tribal Planet site has different model names and while having a lot of whizz-bang flash-flash content, there's little actual information for comparison.

I've seen a dreadnaught sized GX10 in my local music shop for less than $70AUD, (That's about $2.50US :rolleyes: ) but the only Ovation I could try it with was an SSB, and it didn't seem to have much room for more than a mid bowl.

I need something that I can carry around with a couple of A4 folders, 1/2 dozen or so diatonic harmonicas (+ neck holder) and associated 'junk' (tuner, picks, strings etc.)

...Oh, and a deep bowl Ovation.

I thought the storage compartments in the GX10 were large enough, but too basic.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Templeman
Posted 2008-11-05 7:26 AM (#13343 - in reply to #13342)
Subject: Re: Tribal Planet gig bags.

The basic differences are the type and level of padding, type of front pockets, stowable shoulder straps. The higher the number the greater the protection. As far as I remember the GX series are old models and now discontinued though some dealers may still have stock. They've been replaced by the GsX series. The D bags will take a deepbowl Ovation. The GX10 doesn't have external pockets so give it a miss if you need to stow extra kit. The 15 and up have molded front pockets. I use a GX10 for mandolin, a GX40 tenor banjo case for lap steel, a GX40 classical for Weissnborn and a couple of GsX5E prototypes for my Vipers. They'e great cases.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)