The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
new custom order guitar from ovation

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

4fingers
Posted 2004-02-04 8:37 PM (#195702)
Subject: new custom order guitar from ovation

I recently received my 6774 Folklore, (via Alpep
since Ovation doesnt sell direct, apparently)

I play finger style, and wanted a wide neck (1 7/8 nut) and several other items, including a built in tuner. The guitar is all I hoped for, and I am glad I spent the money to have the factory make me what I wanted.

However, as soon as I started to play it, I found myself making mistakes on music that I have been playing for years without mistakes. I was making an occasional really bad error and hitting the wrong fret !

I am unable to figure out why, because I usually play another Folklore, an early 1980s version. I suspect that it is the "new guitar" syndrome, and the slightly longer neck, the different color, different fret markings, different purfling or I dont know what. But after one week of playing , the guitar and I are at home with each other and making great music.

But I 'spose its like that with people too. We are usually not aware of those subtle little signals that cause us to blend and work with some people, while others, for some reason, dont bring out the best in us.

Felix
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2004-02-04 8:52 PM (#195703 - in reply to #195702)
Subject: Re: new custom order guitar from ovation

Felix
glad you bonded with your new guitar. It is a beauty!!!

Funny story how I got in touch with you after I screwed up the address. But all worked out.

take care and enjoy!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)