The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Shipping

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

claudeb56
Posted 2004-02-15 4:23 PM (#194635)
Subject: Shipping

Hi Guys a few days ago I wrote asking how i should handle my new Ovation in or out of the case .I got the help on that this is a guitar that i bought on e bay.the reason Im writing again is cause i see concern about having a guitar ship by UPS .mine came from WV to Canada It was on the road for 3 days and it arrived in A1 condition It was well packed by UPS and there was no problem .Hope this helps someone
Claude
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-02-15 5:37 PM (#194636 - in reply to #194635)
Subject: Re: Shipping

I think everyone is aware of my displeasure with the 1658 claim. I see how Ovation ships with standard guitar box, no foam cushion, or additional packing material. Many of us have received guitars in good condition even though they were poorly packed. UPS accepts package without inspection and collects fees for insurance. Yet, I have heard that not using a "new" box can invalidate, need to bubble wrap, etc. No one has yet been able to tell me how to ship so insurance applies. Nor is there any published guides (at least that I have found) on a time frame for claim settlement. Hopefully, I will be able to report by the end of this week as to whether UPS pays or denies. Below is result of my research to date:

Re: http://www.ups.com/using/services/details/terms.html

Packaging
It is the responsibility of the shipper to ensure that proper packaging is used and that the contents of packages are adequately and securely packed, wrapped, and cushioned for transportation. The use of UPS-provided packaging is not a guarantee that an item is sufficiently packaged for transportation. UPS does not provide special handling for packages bearing "Fragile," package orientation markings (e.g., "UP" arrows or "This End Up" markings), or any other similar such markings.

Authorized Shipping Outlets
UPS Authorized Shipping Outlets or Commercial Counters (collectively referred to within this paragraph as "ASOs") are independently owned and operated businesses and are not agents of UPS. UPS assumes no liability other than to the ASO, as the shipper of the package, for lost, damaged or delayed shipments sent via the ASO. Any such liability to the ASO is subject to the limitations set forth in the UPS Tariff and these Terms and Conditions of Service. All inquiries regarding packages shipped via ASOs must be directed to the ASO. UPS will deal solely with the ASO in all matters concerning packages shipped via an ASO, including, but not limited to: tracking/tracing requests; claims and guarantees; C.O.D. preparation and remittance; return of undeliverable packages and Express Envelopes; proper packaging and labeling; and billing. Even if UPS responds directly to ASO customers regarding tracking requests, UPS will not be liable to those customers. ASOs are solely responsible for the issuance of any refunds and claims to those who shipped packages via the ASO. The ASO agrees not to ship any articles which UPS does not accept for transportation. ASOs shall indemnify and hold harmless UPS in any action against UPS arising from the loss, damage or delay of a package shipped via an ASO.

CLAIMS/DAMAGE/LOSS FAQS
http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/tracking/help/faq/claims.html#Who+can+contact+UPS+to+report+a+damaged+package%3F

COMMON CARRIER LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO GOODS
http://www.infowest.com/personal/g/garyh/guitars/shippingprobs.html

UPS does not provide special handling for packages bearing "Fragile," package orientation markings (e.g., "UP" arrows or "This End Up" markings), or any other similar such markings.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)