The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Strange week

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Bailey
Posted 2004-02-18 1:40 AM (#194437)
Subject: Strange week

Hi everybody

I've had a very strange couple of weeks, my little dog got sick last week, proceeded to throw up and have the trots, quit eating and drinking, and died. I, from monday on, proceeded to throw up and have the trots, ate and drank sparingly (lost 10 lbs) and lived. My son and I posted a song on garageband.com called "I Couldn't Sleep" on his band "probity" site using the lyrics I proposed here for a universal song in response to Al's suggestion that there were universal schemes, and the song was climbing up the "Alternative" charts and might make a second level of reviews. My son is here visiting from CA for the week so I am pretty busy.

Bailey
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2004-02-18 5:52 AM (#194438 - in reply to #194437)
Subject: Re: Strange week

Hey, Bailey, we missed you!!! Hope you're feeling better.

I suggest your follow-up song should be "Got The Trots"......

Roger

1976 Applause AA14-4 6-String
1981 Ovation 1118-1 Glen Campbell 12-string
2001 Adamas 1598-MERB Melissa Etheridge 12-String
2003 Celebrity CC01 Spruce Top 6-String
peterbright
Posted 2004-02-18 7:31 AM (#194439 - in reply to #194437)

Sorry about the dog & glad you are doing better. I vote for "It's a Crappy World" for the title.
Nils
Posted 2004-02-18 9:32 PM (#194440 - in reply to #194437)

Sorry to hear about losing your little dog & you being ill Bailey. I had to bury my little dog last November 13. He was 15. I still miss the little guy every day. He died the day after I tried to play that old fiddle. He might have thought it was his only way to escape.

I've decided to stick to the guitar.

I'm glad things are looking up for you now.

/\/\/
TRboy
Posted 2004-02-18 11:57 PM (#194441 - in reply to #194437)

Hey Bailey, Glad to have you back!! We've missed your pleasantly kooky & twisted perspective! :eek: (and I mean that in a nice way) Also sorry about the lost of your little dog but we're glad you're feeling better. Btw are you leading the mule train up the the Mothership this year?

Mike :cool: (say "hello" to your son for all of us!!)
Bailey
Posted 2004-02-20 1:26 AM (#194442 - in reply to #194437)

Mike, Nils et al.

You guys make me laugh whether I want to or not, talk about some off the shelf humor.

I miss the little bitch, and I say that in the nicest way. I'm motoring on and rounding up a herd of African critters out on the White Sands Missile Range that have been overpopulating the range. They each have two 6 foot long horns suitable for impaling anyone who gets in the way, and I think you could stretch strings accross those horns and have a moving country harp. When I worked construction out there, one of the bulls destroyed a government gaurds vehicle when he ventured between it (the bull) and it's herd, he probably shortened the gaurd's life by some years also. I hope the western contingent can arrive on the back of a herd of these African beasts. OK, I'm killing time trying to remember what in hell they were called, big 1000lb striped beasts with 6 foot horns that thrive on the chamisa of White Sands. When we got bored with construction, we'd grab a company truck and head out to the boondocks and see these interlopers and hope we didn't "enjoy" the fate of the aforementioned gaurd.

Bailey :D
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)