The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
BLUE DOG

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

BLUE DOG
Posted 2004-02-18 11:43 AM (#194414)
Subject: BLUE DOG

HI ALL, JUST TO SAY I'M BACK AFTER HAVING MY COMPUTER DOWN FOR SEVERAL WEEK'S. I LOVE MY CELEBRITY CC163, I GOT IT ON EBAY, IF ANYONE REMEMBERS ME YELLING ABOUT IT A FEW WEEKS AGO, ASKING ALL SORT'S OF QUESTIONS.ANYWAY, I LOVE IT TO BITS,AND NOT A MARK OR BLEMISH ON HER ANYWHERE.ONLY ONE PROB THOUGH,SHE'S WEARING NYLON STRINGS, AND I SURE MISS A RYTHMIC STRUM AND A HOWL AT THE MOON, YOU JUST CANT DO THAT WITH NYLON STRINGS. I'M A BIT FEARFUL OF PUTTING ACOUSTIC STEEL STRINGS ON HER. ANYBODY HAVE ANY OPINIONS WHAT I SHOULD DO ABOUT THE STRINGS?. MEANWHILE,I'M ENJOYING READING ALL THE POSTINGS THAT I'VE MISSED DUE TO NOT HAVING MY PUTER WORKING.= BLUE DOG. ;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-02-18 11:46 AM (#194415 - in reply to #194414)
Subject: Re: BLUE DOG

Blue:

If you want a steel string then get a steel string. But putting steel strings on a nylon string guitar will destroy the guitar.

Also, if you look on the left side of your keyboard, you'll see a button labeled "Caps Lock". Hit it once and stop yelling.
Standingovation
Posted 2004-02-18 12:44 PM (#194416 - in reply to #194414)

I THINK YOUR COMPUTER IS STILL BROKEN.

Seriously, Paul is right. The high tension of the steel strings will not be good for your guitar. Plus the nut and saddle are not set up for it. The gear ratio on the tuners would also be a mess wrt tunng it. It would be like playing ice hockey using a golf club. Technically possible, but not meant to be that way. Dave
BLUE DOG
Posted 2004-02-18 1:14 PM (#194417 - in reply to #194414)

THANK'S FOR YOUR RESPONE Mr MOODY, P.I.THAT'S WHY SIR IS WHY I'M FEARFUL
RE THE CAPSLOCK: I AM BLIND IN ONE EYE, AND VERY LONG SIGHTED IN THE OTHER, A DEFICIENCY OF 10.5 DIOPTER, I'M NEARLY 60 YEARS OLD AND CAN DO WITHOUT SARCASM ABOUT THE SIZE OF PRINT IN MY POSTINGS. I CAN ONLY DEDUCE THAT YOU ARE EITHER SHORT SIGHTED YOURSELF, OR AS YOU ARE MEMBER No 77- SOME MIGHT SAY A "FOUNDER MEMER"YOU MIGHT THINK YOU OWN THE PLACE MATE.HOWEVER, I COULD'NT POSSIBLY COMMENT AS TO WHICH.IF THE SIZE OF PRINT GETS TO YOU ON A FORUM, TELL ME, DOES SIZE GET TO YOU IN ANY OTHER WAY?. DONT BOTHER MATE, LET'S JUST TALK GUITARS,-PREFERABLY QVATION.-BLUEDOG.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-02-18 1:29 PM (#194418 - in reply to #194414)

For somebody who says they can do without sarcasm, you seem to have a full supply.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2004-02-18 2:09 PM (#194419 - in reply to #194414)

"TELL ME, DOES SIZE GET TO YOU IN ANY OTHER WAY?"

LOL that's funny... but in all seriousness, you'll find many folks asking you to not use the capslock. It is the online version of shouting or noting something of great importance. It's kindof like driving around with your headlights on in daylight. It's not a bad thing, and in some places it's required, but in most places, it is just good safety to do anyway, but people are going to be flashing and honking at you all day cause they think you forgot and left them on. On many message boards, not this one thank god, but on many message boards, it's considered a "hey look at me, my post is more important than yours."

I don't really think anyone cares, but as it usually done by mistake, expect every new person you meet online to mention it to you, as they will think (at least here) that you are either a newbie, or just left them on by mistake.

As for the sight issues, I'm with ya, there are settings in the windows setup to use larger fonts. It really helps, I know the feeling.

And by the way.... I wouldn't put steel strings on either.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled programming.
BruDeV
Posted 2004-02-18 9:09 PM (#194420 - in reply to #194414)

There's a simply solution: Don't read it.
BLUE DOG
Posted 2004-02-19 12:22 PM (#194421 - in reply to #194414)

Thank's Miles,i was on fire for a minute there,but your reply doused the flames in seconds, the pen really is mightier than the sword. i am now wearing my glasses at the very end of my nose. i'll look into the windows set up, an try to enlarge the font. Again, many thanks.
Still cant find any info on my celeb cc163 nylon string guitar. ;)

blue dog
BLUE DOG
Posted 2004-02-19 12:26 PM (#194422 - in reply to #194414)

Also, thanks to Paul & Dave for there help.

BLUE DOG.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-02-19 12:47 PM (#194423 - in reply to #194414)

Hey Blue:

Is your nylon string model number CC163 or CC63? I've got some info that I can scan and send to you on the CC63, which is, according to what I have, the Celeb nylon string acoustic electric. Can't get it out until the weekend, but I'd be happy to do it.
BLUE DOG
Posted 2004-02-19 2:11 PM (#194424 - in reply to #194414)

Paul, no mate, it's a cc163,appreciate the gesture though. Cheers, Blue Dog.
Bailey
Posted 2004-02-20 2:44 AM (#194425 - in reply to #194414)

Blue Dog

Welcome aboard the home of strongly held opinions. My wife is blind in one eye but spends hours on line each day. we have chosen a fairly large font for our screen, and it seems to work as all the screens are easy for her to read. I myself am blind to other opinions, my eyesight is great but my mind has frozen into an inability to see the other fellow's side of an opinion no matter how hard I magnify the text. I have tried to find a set of contact lenses to correct this problem but none of them impart wisdom, only magnification.

It is obvious that you are only suffering from a visual problem, your reason appears to be unimpaired, I envy you.

Welcome

Bailey
BLUE DOG
Posted 2004-02-20 8:26 AM (#194426 - in reply to #194414)

Thanks BAILY,ya got to admit though, this is a great site to let off steam. Paul helped me though,i've sorted out the font size, it's still difficult, but i can do it. :D .tell your wife there's a guy in england that says HELLOOOoooooo,and her husband is okay by me ;) BLUEDOG
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)