The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Final Decree On 12 Fret Slot Head Adamas Acoustic?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Goober
Posted 2004-02-19 8:58 PM (#194211)
Subject: Final Decree On 12 Fret Slot Head Adamas Acoustic?

Well.....is it a go or a no, as far as production? I really dig fine Ovations without the pickups.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Beal
Posted 2004-02-20 7:45 PM (#194212 - in reply to #194211)
Subject: Re: Final Decree On 12 Fret Slot Head Adamas Acoustic?

Goob, Good question but you will never get an oficial answer here. They don't allow it evidently. Maybe Uncle Al can find out for us????
alpep
Posted 2004-02-20 11:17 PM (#194213 - in reply to #194211)

they took the one they had out to the Namm show. I said I wanted it and Rick Hall told me that it was mine and I could buy it. I have not seen it yet.

There should be some interesting stuff happening with the Adamas line in the near future. that's all I can say.

for now I have a few textured top acoustic Adamas guitars for sale.
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-02-20 11:39 PM (#194214 - in reply to #194211)

The secret is out...Al, congrats.
Goober
Posted 2004-02-21 2:09 AM (#194215 - in reply to #194211)

Why in the !#$* did they ever liquor the hotdammit in the first place? Sometimes I hate progress!!
Standingovation
Posted 2004-02-21 8:10 AM (#194216 - in reply to #194211)

I've played this new slothead on two occasions and it is very nice. My opinion is that even IF Ovation puts it in "production" it will be in limited numbers. You're not going to see multiple copies hanging on the wall at Guitar Center. You'll have to special order one and wait 2-3 months. So that's no different from the situation today. If you want one, just order it. Ovation will build one for you. Weather the guitar is in "production" or not really isn't going to make a big difference. Maybe it will be a little cheaper or quicker, but it's an expensive guitar anyway so probably not a big factor. If you really want one, just go order it. Dave
shar
Posted 2004-02-21 9:46 AM (#194217 - in reply to #194211)

Dave,
what if the limited slothead Adamas comes with problems similar to the 30th Anniversary CL?
This is really worrisome...

sean

My opinion is that even IF Ovation puts it in "production" it will be in limited numbers. You're not going to see multiple copies hanging on the wall at Guitar Center. You'll have to special order one and wait 2-3 months. So that's no different from the situation today. If you want one, just order it. Ovation will build one for you. Weather the guitar is in "production" or not really isn't going to make a big difference. Maybe it will be a little cheaper or quicker, but it's an expensive guitar anyway so probably not a big factor. If you really want one, just go order it. Dave
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-02-21 9:55 AM (#194218 - in reply to #194211)

It's not that worrisome. Ovation will make good on everything that's wrong. They have a better reputation for that than any other guitar company I know. I wouldn't make too much out of a couple of problems.
Goober
Posted 2004-02-21 10:36 AM (#194219 - in reply to #194211)

Like cliff, I will never pay that much for an axe without playing it first, or having some sort of approval period. Just not my nature.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-02-21 11:59 AM (#194220 - in reply to #194211)

As I have said in other threads, I'm going to special order a Legend LX later this year. I'm not worried about it as I know who I'm getting it thru (Al) and I knowt the people in Ovation customer service (Kim) and therefore, I know that if something is wrong, it will get fixed.

When I purchase a guitar thru ebay, I understand caveat emptor (sp?) -- let the customer beware! It hasn't stopped me, and in most cases, I've gotten great guitars. In one case, it was less than great, but still pretty damned good.
Standingovation
Posted 2004-02-21 12:11 PM (#194221 - in reply to #194211)

Sean, If the guitar isn't right, then you don't accept it. Doesn't matter if you special ordered it, mail ordered it, or whatever. You're going to have to order your slothead through a dealer. So when you go to that dealer to pick it up you inspect it and if it isn't right you don't pay for it (the balance). Same with ordering it long distance (for example from Al). I doubt he whould send you anything that didn't meet his stamp of approval. But if by chance he did, I'm sure he would make good on it. Every one of us who has ever built a new house bought it for the most part sight un-seen. Same for special ordering a new car in a special color or configuration. You have to trust that the seller will make good on it and if they don't make sure you have a financial escape hatch. I think we're all probably making too big a deal out of this. To my knowledge Ovation has never failed to make good on a guitar that slipped out of the factory with some flaw. Dave
shar
Posted 2004-02-21 2:41 PM (#194222 - in reply to #194211)

Dave, Paul, thanks for the info and the suggestions. I agree with you, I would never buy a guitar without testing it first. After all, if you don't like it you don't buy it. But my concern is, how come paul hebert ordered the 30th Anniversary from Al, and now he is sending it back to ovation???? How come Al didn't see the problem? I don't understand :confused:
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-02-21 3:15 PM (#194223 - in reply to #194211)

The way you are asking questions makes it sound as if you expect everybody involved to be perfect. As far as I know, only my wife and my mother are perfect. Al is damned good as is Ovation. For what they are doing (hell, for what I do for a living), perfect means that when something is done that is less than perfect (ie the real world), do they work hard to make it "right", ie give good follow up service.

If you want product and every service to be perfect all the time, then you are doomed for disappointment on a regular basis.

At this point I'm tempted to put in a smart ass comment, because, quite honestly, you're asking silly questions, repeatedly. But Al will get mad at me if I say anything like that. So I won't.
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-02-21 4:05 PM (#194224 - in reply to #194211)

Sean,

You asked how Paul's 30 Anniv could have gone through Al and have a problem. First of all, I am involved in this as I made the order, Paul and I have talked about this, as I have with Al. There are no finish defects, broken tuners, etc.

If Al looked it over, plugged it in and played it, I don't believe he would have noticed the problem unless he was adjusting or changing the strings. The CL 30th bridge is higher, decorative cut is far more pronounced. I would not expect him to measure 1/32nd v. 2/32nd. He sure shouldn't screw around with the factory setup...unless I asked him to, I would take issue.

Paul desired a lower action and as he worked on it, he started to realize something was wrong. Frankly, as I like the standard factory setup (except on the 12-str,) I probably wouldn't of noticed the problem.

Kim has the guitar coming back so they can determine what the problem is and what is the best for Paul. I just sent back two Custom Legend 12 strings yesterday...I trust them. When Kim said "We'll take care of it." - good enough for me.

Sorry, I do not see how Al could have picked up on this problem. In fact, I commend Al for helping Paul and myself with the order.
Goober
Posted 2004-02-21 4:20 PM (#194225 - in reply to #194211)

>>When Kim said "We'll take care of it." - good enough for me.<<

...and good enough for me!
Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2004-02-21 6:55 PM (#194226 - in reply to #194211)

Tony is correct. Al has nothing to do with my 30th anniversary Custom Legend. Like Tony said, I didn't expect Al to go over the guitar with a fine tooth comb. The problem with the guitar is that you cannot lower the action. If I would have not wanted to lower the action, I would have probably not sent the guitar back to Ovation. In talking to Al, he has mentioned to me that he likes a little higher action on his guitars than I do, so I am sure the 30th Custom Legend felt good to him. I just want to be able to adjust my guitar. Please my beef is not with Al, it is with Ovation. Al has been very nice to me, and I have enjoyed my conversations with him very much. Let's just hope Kim Keller can find out what is wrong with my guitar and I will be a happy camper again.
shar
Posted 2004-02-22 12:35 AM (#194227 - in reply to #194211)

Paul Hebert, thanks for clarifying the issue.

Paul "moody" no problem, quite honestly there is nothing wrong with you being the OFC smart ass. :D :D
cliff
Posted 2004-02-22 1:58 AM (#194228 - in reply to #194211)

Damn!
. . . and I thought that I was !!! . . . . fuckin' Moody gets to have ALL the fun!!!
Goober
Posted 2004-02-22 3:16 AM (#194229 - in reply to #194211)

>>Let's just hope Kim Keller can find out what is wrong with my guitar and I will be a happy camper again.<<

This is the *least* of your worries. I would focus my energy on keeping the p.i. happy. ;)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)