The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Education

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Northcountry
Posted 2004-02-22 3:16 PM (#193981)
Subject: Education

OK I thought I knew a little about Ovations! Man What was I thinkin! I need to educate myself a little more before I ask Questions from you guy's. I am wasting our time here. Just got off a couple of web sites... I have been out of the loop for way too long. There are a whole bunch of Ovation "Bass guitars alone" I was not familiar with. I need to get my hands on a few of these to see what I may be after before taking the plunge for a Ricky. Made me feel my age to see so many models I had not seen before? I will post a message when I am better educated. Thanks for the help All. I'm off to Guitar land. It's a big scarry music world out there!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-02-22 3:27 PM (#193982 - in reply to #193981)
Subject: Re: Education

NC: You're not wasting anybody's time here. But if you want a good education, and a great afternoon, and to top it off, an excuse to sit and drink margaritas all day, I'd suggest that you go wondering thru the archives. There's a wealth of information there along with some great stories. You'd have a great time.
Northcountry
Posted 2004-02-22 8:32 PM (#193983 - in reply to #193981)

Paul Ohh my God You guy's are my kind of people I have been laughing and learning reading some of these old posts! Saint Adamas! Man I have my Second Adamas coming from AL (hopfully this week) I am waiting for this like the second coming of Saint Adamas! I have been selling so much shit on ebay it's all a blur of old hobbies and other pursuits. Took my wife a month to figure out I was after one of these. She just thought I was researching my Elite to get a good idea of the value to sell!.... Then I hit her with the second one.... Man I thought Alex was going to be the reason for my Divorce! Someone posted the 12 steps of Ovation GAS, Hey I bought a king size bed recently did'nt know why until now! Do the math there is room for both of my Adamas's in there...... I'm not stupid though I will let my wife sleep with them I will sleep on the floor!. Ohh my god I am not sure just when the Ovation Thing hit me again.... I think it was a dream.... If I remember right I had a nightmare that the Very Last Ovation left on the Planet was up for sale and all I had was a DOLLAR! I'm hooked and I am long winded so please put up with my posts I am hooked and I can't stop myself! Does this go away? Randy
peterbright
Posted 2004-02-22 8:38 PM (#193984 - in reply to #193981)

It definately does not go away. But why fight it?
TheEliteist
Posted 2004-02-22 8:57 PM (#193985 - in reply to #193981)

My GAS hit hard last year. I've purchased 6, and given away 2 to a couple of fine deserving young men that love to play. Once the cash catches up with the credit, I plan to refine my collection even more. This IS fun, and this time, I think it's permanent.
Age does have some benies! :D

Dale
Nils
Posted 2004-02-22 9:37 PM (#193986 - in reply to #193981)

It hit me pretty hard last year too Dale. I bought four more & gave away one to my favorite nephew. Out of the blue today my wife asked me if I was buying another guitar. Geez just cuz i look at a few pictures on the bay... It's only for research! Really!

/\/\/

P.S. Randy, you're doomed.
peterbright
Posted 2004-02-22 9:54 PM (#193987 - in reply to #193981)

We should start a fund for that special guitar our significant others object to. Everyone donates x dollars & then there is a drawing. The winner's significant other can't complain because it's free! Then we start all over again...and again...and again.
MWoody
Posted 2004-02-23 1:58 PM (#193988 - in reply to #193981)

I'm thinking anytime Al ships a guitar it needs to come with a One-Day Spa certificate and a box of Dark Chocolates. Throw in a bottle of campagne if you have to. For a small charge of course.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)