The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
They Always shoot the Piano Player Don't they?

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Northcountry
Posted 2004-02-26 5:38 PM (#193568)
Subject: They Always shoot the Piano Player Don't they?

Figure someof you guy's might be able to take a crack at this Question? Definetly open to some good stories or comments anyway.
This is all in good fun I am good friends with our keyboard man. Trying to worl out some of the old Yes stuff with him and we are having some setbacks without the SHEET MUSIC. Man Do all keyboard players whine like this! He actually cranks out some great Improv's on the Hammond but he is an "Educated Musician" and wants his chicken scratch papers about him! I do envey those who can read this stuff. I know it would make my life easier as well but I have gotten so used to listening and teaching myself new scales etc. I don't think I will ever take the time now. Anyway is there a site or? where I can but sheet music or have copies made (songbooks anything)I am after some of Rick Wakeman's stuff and Patric Moraz and Chris Squires solo music etc. All I find is Cd's and Video Tapes etc. Thanks again. Never did like that dam chicken anyway! Up in the North Randy
Top of the page Bottom of the page
alpep
Posted 2004-02-26 5:45 PM (#193569 - in reply to #193568)
Subject: Re: They Always shoot the Piano Player Don't they?

randy
go to google type in the name of the song you want and then sheetmusic or tabs after that may help

I always want to shoot the drummer

our keyboard player played in church for a gazillion years. He always calls the chorus the "refraim" I now call the chorus the refraim...I am slowly losing what little mind I have left
Northcountry
Posted 2004-02-26 5:53 PM (#193570 - in reply to #193568)

Ohh God we have'nt found a new drummer yet! This is gonna be fun after all these years I don't tkae any of it so seriously anymore. I'll try the search again Thanks again al, and Ya-all. wonder if a squirel has more Mojo than a chicken? there was one running down the power lines earlier
Beal
Posted 2004-02-26 7:13 PM (#193571 - in reply to #193568)

It's usually best to shoot the banjo player.
CharlieB
Posted 2004-02-26 7:44 PM (#193572 - in reply to #193568)

A man took a trip to a very remote exotic southsea island. At the small and quaint, yet utterly remote resort, he at first thought the drums he heard in the distance were part of the "ambiance". After hearing the drums play all nite, he asked the maitre d'hotel if the drums ever stop. The maitre d' got very pale, started sweating and asked his guest to never ever mention the drums again... they must NEVER stop. Perplexed, the man asked why? What happens when the drums stop? Cautiously, the maitre d' looked around, and finally whispered "the bass solo begins!"
peterbright
Posted 2004-02-26 7:52 PM (#193573 - in reply to #193568)

ROTHLMAO :D
cliff
Posted 2004-02-27 9:10 AM (#193574 - in reply to #193568)

I've got a bunch of old Yes music books (from the first album thru "Tormato"), but they pretty much just have the overall arrangements/chord changes and don't really spell out the solos.
Northcountry
Posted 2004-02-27 12:17 PM (#193575 - in reply to #193568)

Cliff.... Believe me I know! the constant whine behind the Keyboard has explained this to me as well! I would be interested in some of the old Yes stuff or new, Zep, Floyd, eagles, Got talked into doing that old Squeeze song Tempted? If any of you guy's or girls have little use for them let me know perhaps we can work a deal? email me at home if you want that way we don't clutter up the message board with side deals? Thanks again Randy
BruDeV
Posted 2004-02-27 3:56 PM (#193576 - in reply to #193568)

These are the two sites that I use the most for sheet music.

www.sheetmusicplus.com

www.musicnotes.com
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)