The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
OFC "Not the Factory" Tour Idea

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

MWoody
Posted 2004-02-29 11:14 PM (#193475)
Subject: OFC "Not the Factory" Tour Idea

For those of us that are not able to make it to the 2004 Factory Tour I would like to offer an idea.

Organize some more localized "Not the Factory" OFC gatherings in your area. I have seen several members that hail from the Northwest. It would be great to organize even a one day Barbeque/Potluck or for that matter a Service Project (It may count on your Community Service hours :D ).
Why should all of the Members going to CT get all of the good stories to tell.

My email is avalable and I wouldnt mind facilitating a local group.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Lightfoot
Posted 2004-03-01 8:01 PM (#193476 - in reply to #193475)
Subject: Re: OFC "Not the Factory" Tour Idea

This sounds like a wonderful idea! Do you think it would be possible for someone from the Company to attend as well and give a presentation? Bring some guitars?
MWoody
Posted 2004-03-01 8:36 PM (#193477 - in reply to #193475)

These are things that are limited only by the amount of enthusiasm put into them.
Like I said, I would like to gather an email group for my local and see just how much we want to try and get away with!

Could this lead to possible test drives of top end guitars side by side?

Does anyone know who the Reps are in the Northwest?
dvd
Posted 2004-03-02 2:24 PM (#193478 - in reply to #193475)

I'm located just west of Portland. I would love to attend this sort of NW get-together, if for no other reason than to hear somebody with some talent play my own guitar! :)

Unfortunately, unless it's in Portland, I won't be able to attend something like this for a while for the same reason I can't make the big tour -- my wife and I are expecting twins that could arrive any time between now and mid-April.

I would be happy to host an "Ovation Fans NW" mailing list on my server, though, if there is enough interest for that. Just say the word and I can set it up in just a few moments.
Beal
Posted 2004-03-02 2:28 PM (#193479 - in reply to #193475)

Twins huh? Well I guess you'll be ready for the 2014 tour! Good luck and hope everything, ah, comes out alright.
MWoody
Posted 2004-03-02 2:47 PM (#193480 - in reply to #193475)

That's the idea! We should do local networking for a number of reasons. The timing can be for Summer Jams or whatever.

I'd like to hear from some of the Brothers and Sisters that may run a Car lot, Mall, Warehouse, Farm, City Hall or whatever and would have the space to host an event.

I like this idea and I'll be praying on it as well.
Paul Wag
Posted 2004-03-02 8:09 PM (#193481 - in reply to #193475)

I'm in the v-e-r-y early planning stages for a Texas gathering. Could include Louisiana, New Mexico and Oklahoma folks.

I've got some ideas, but as you say MWoody, gotta keep the enthusiasm going.

I know there's a lot of Texas OFC folks out there, feel free to e-mail me.

Can talk with any of you at the Factory Tour that are interested.
dolbyscat
Posted 2004-03-02 9:56 PM (#193482 - in reply to #193475)

great idea woody,it'll give me a good reason to return to the great state of washington once in awhile. i married a canuck a few years ago and rarely leave our igloo just north of the border.I used to live in birch bay,what part of the state is port orchard in? john
MWoody
Posted 2004-03-02 10:39 PM (#193483 - in reply to #193475)

It is a little boat ride or drive from a bigger Ferry ride from Seattle. I'm excited. These local gatherings could be micro or macro depending on who jumps in and where. The bigger the gathering the more possibilities of bringing in guitar Reps and a Celebrity or two - the Stars that is. If for no other reason than to just get together and play guitar and compare stories and instruments.
Nils
Posted 2004-03-04 1:55 AM (#193484 - in reply to #193475)

Due to some unfortunate circumstances pertaining to a lack of adequate $$$, it appears I'm going to join the not-going group after all.
I love the idea of getting together somewhere in the NW. I can afford to drive a few hours & spend a few bucks, I just can't go clear across the country. Somewhere in the Portland area would be great for me, or I'm open for suggestions. Hey, maybe we could all descend on the bluegrass gang over in Bend :) Should we start a separate thread for the people in the NW?

/\/\/
MWoody
Posted 2004-03-04 9:32 AM (#193485 - in reply to #193475)

Nils,

Glad to have you on board. I went ahead and actually asked Miles and Al for permission prior to jump off the deep end with the "OFC" name - probably should have done that first - I can see concerns letting some guy that made up a name and logs on starting to speak for the whole. Then again Al does have my Visa number!

Whether it is small local or a Northwest gathering depends on who signs up with what resources and what pops up. Let's both gather names on email and share. Whether or not we become "Chapters" or actually hold meetings is something to put off until later. I just want to get together with a bunch of you Ovationists and have fun.

And if we can get the attention of some of the music stores in our area...
Nils
Posted 2004-03-04 9:55 AM (#193486 - in reply to #193475)

I'm not real big on chapters & meetings but a once a year get together & an email list would be fun. I know two others in this general area that play Ovations, although I'm not sure how to contact the guy I met a few months ago with the old Adamas. I can ask someone though. We have a music store in Bend that sells Ovation, that's where I got my 1858. Maybe we could plan a get together for next fall?

/\/\/
Norseman1
Posted 2004-03-04 9:56 AM (#193487 - in reply to #193475)

1st Annual Ovation "B.U.R.P." (Brainerd Upnorth Rural Potluck) at Norseman's house this Saturday. Bring your favorite Ovation, a bucket of ribs or chicken, and the story of what you went through to get here. We'll put it all down to music, and create the second annual OFC C.D....
"Playin my Roundback at Roundhead's, Just West of Round Lake"

Norse(email me for directions!...napkins will be provided)man1
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)