The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Taylor - I'm the tool guy

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Tony Calman
Posted 2004-03-07 11:41 PM (#192828)
Subject: Taylor - I'm the tool guy

I know, not Ovation but...
Frontline on Ch 4, San Diego - half hour show on Bob Taylor and Taylor Guitars of El Cajon. Using baby Taylors in several South Bay schools, sponsoring a shop class in an East County school - Taylor provides all material, provides instruction and equipment. Each student builds their own guitar. Graduation ceremony at Taylor. Showed the Liberty guitar where they use laser to create the Declaration of Independence on the neck and part of the top. Nice segment.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Legend-LX-Fan
Posted 2004-03-07 11:55 PM (#192829 - in reply to #192828)
Subject: Re: Taylor - I'm the tool guy

Hey Tony, maybe Ovation can go over there and offer their version of this class. The instructor could say: "now that you have made a Taylor, and see what a pain in the rear it is to make, let's try making an Ovation, look kids the back comes premade, isn't that cool!" (LOL)
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-03-08 12:08 AM (#192830 - in reply to #192828)

By the way "I'm the tool guy" comes from his explanation that he is more enthused about how to make the guitar than the actual item. More of an engineer talking. Showed some of the areas where they have used CAD and automated production. Sounds like a successful high school program - implementing discipline, practical examples of math, etc. Lot of shop programs are no longer offered. Taylor provides all costs. As he said, where are his future workers going to come from? Investment back into the community but also a future benefit. Part of the East County Economic Development Council.
Mr. Ovation
Posted 2004-03-08 1:04 AM (#192831 - in reply to #192828)

"By the way "I'm the tool guy" comes from his explanation that he is more enthused about how to make the guitar than the actual item. "

I'm sure it's in no way a reference that he is the real "The Toolman" Taylor, as opposed to "Tim The Toolman Taylor."
Ovation4me
Posted 2004-03-08 8:36 PM (#192832 - in reply to #192828)

A few years back I was in the market for a small travel guitar to start my 6 year old daughter on. I was considering the Trekker but when I played the Baby Taylor there was no comparison. I went with the Taylor... I wish Ovation had a US made 3/4 guitar (with available hard case) built with the same quality I am accustom to with my full size. Sure it would cost more but I would have put the bucks down for it...
CharlieB
Posted 2004-03-08 9:03 PM (#192833 - in reply to #192828)

It it was like my shop class, 4 outta 10 kids would end up playing Phil Keaggy style pickin'.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)