The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
New Owner - Nice Meeting You

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

aceboympk
Posted 2004-03-08 10:27 PM (#192766)
Subject: New Owner - Nice Meeting You

Oh, I suppose I couldn't pass up on grabbing one of the "refurbished" 2003 Collectos' Series for a bargain from MF. I was compelled to find out about the Ovation sound in light of the criticism I found on this forum about their design.

So, many of you may be curious what do I think. Maybe some of you don't care, but for those who do, I must say that I enjoy playing it so far. Impressive workmanship and the sound? Well its not similar to my HD-28. But folks, its not supposed to be and I didn't buy it to be. My Larrivee D-05 doesn't sound like my Martin either, and I won't try to add a SBT or UST to either the Martin or the Larrivee. Instead, I wanted a good A/E, and I couldn't find a better deal for such a high quality axe than I did on the Ovation.

What's it all mean? Play happy by playing what brings you to that place in your soul resonating where the spirit of music is living in you.

I haven't found another group of owners in any area who have a difficult time comparing their possessions to another manufacturer. From Ducatis to Nikons, people seem to take too much time to compare their tools to someone elses instead of enjoying them. When one talks, one doesn't listen. When one writes, one isn't playing. Just my $.02 worth.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Stevechapman
Posted 2004-03-09 11:02 AM (#192767 - in reply to #192766)
Subject: Re: New Owner - Nice Meeting You

Welcome aboard.Hope you enjoy many years of playing your 2003 O! Of course the next best thing to enjoying your new Ovation is buying another, then another..oh well you get my point :D
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)