The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
A decent NW guitar shop???

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

dvd
Posted 2004-03-12 11:57 PM (#192390)
Subject: A decent NW guitar shop???

Okay, so we know Nils has access to a great shop in Bend, Oregon, from one thread.

We know Apple Music sells freaky junk for 50k on eBay from another thread.

Portland Music doesn't carry Ovations.

Can anybody recommend a halfway decent guitar shop in the Northwest? That sells Ovations? I certainly haven't found any in the Portland area. Just the corporate flakes at Guitar Center in Tigard.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2004-03-13 12:54 AM (#192391 - in reply to #192390)
Subject: Re: A decent NW guitar shop???

The Ted Brown in Tacoma had a fair selection this December. The balance was 3/2 in favor of USA Ovations which included a 2003 and 96-99(can't remember which) Collectors. Played an Elite T there as well. They had one MERB.

I talked with the Mgr at their Silvedale store today - He said they don't stock the Adamas here because the locals just don't understand them. He said most people just look and then buy off the internet on the big stuff. He had a 2003Collectors and an LX Special Balladeer and about 5 really special Celebs.
seesquare
Posted 2004-03-13 7:37 AM (#192392 - in reply to #192390)
Subject: Re: A decent NW guitar shop???

It appears Ted Brown Music is carrying more Ovations. The Yakima store relocated to larger quarters and now has more of everything, including USA Ovations. I have to say, I was not favorably impressed with my last foray to Seattle several months ago. Omitting the "big boxes", there really wasn't much. Guitarville, 19258 15th Ave NE, in Forest Park area, was interesting and friendly, but didn't have very many O's.
Good luck, and let the rest of us know if you find something.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)