The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Kudo's to Bird of Paradise Customer Service

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Norseman1
Posted 2004-03-15 10:10 AM (#192253)
Subject: Kudo's to Bird of Paradise Customer Service

Sent an email to Bird of Paradise Customer Service last Wednesday describing the problem I had with the capo. Didn't get an email back thru Friday, so thought oh well, here we go. Received a call at work this morning from B.O.P., a gentlemen named John.

John asked me what exactly was happening, what my fretboard was shaped like, and how I was using the capo.

After a short conversation, John explained to me it sounded to him like either the pin/cam may have been defective, or I was using the capo incorrectly which caused too much stress on the pin(then went over how best to apply thwe capo). Either way, he said he would be willing to replace the capo, or to drill it out and customize it with a stronger pin (my choice).

We had a good conversation, he is based out of Rochester, but his wife is from a town about 6 miles from where I went to college. We talked about what kind of music we liked, Jackson Browne(who uses "The Bird"), and the iron range here in Minnesota.
I was thinking to myself, this sales/customer service rep. is doing a great job for his company.

At the end of our conversation, John asked me to send the capo directly to him (as I opted for the reinforced pin), then told me he was the owner of the company, who actually invented the capo.

Kudos to John for taking the time to understand/care about his customers. I think I found a capo company I will support from now on!

Norse(of course, that "hinges" on how the capo works when I get it back ;) )man1
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)