The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Upcoming Anniversary Suggestions

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

MWoody
Posted 2004-04-14 1:29 PM (#189956)
Subject: Upcoming Anniversary Suggestions

So if I have been paying attention 1996 was the 30th Anniversary of Ovation and 2004 was the 35th Anniversary of the Legend. In 2006 we will celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Ovation. I anticipate that we will, in fact, truly celebrate this Anniversary both on this site and with special edition releases of some very lovely guitars.

Besides volunteering myself for the Ovation Anniversary Selection Issue Squad, or OASIS, I will offer my wish list for the models to be issued. Since the Factory watches over us please consider my humble submissions.

All are light deep bowled cutaway’s using the newer necks.
Trimmed in Abalone, not along the neck as the 96’ is but with a fret board inlay that goes the entire length of the fret board and signifies America’s strength, independence and heritage. Oak Leaf and Olive branches and such would be nice. If not a continuous inlay then at least some modified 3-5-7-9-12-14 markers to signify the event.

The inlaid epaulets will no longer be Oak Leaf Clusters but will take on the aspect of Eagle Feathers. Surround and detail with Abalone for an original and sparkling affect.

There would be an Elite, a Mandolin, a Bass, a Longneck 6 and a Longneck 12. Throw in a Ukulele for Cliff. Have you considered an Ovation Dulcimer? Late entry - the Double-Neck for fun!

AAA Tops in Spruce or Bearclaw Spruce.
My preference is –4 natural. A Vintage tint would be lovely.

The Longnecks are important not just because I want one (or more) but due to a renewed appreciation for alternative tunings and expressions. The next wave of Artists will require this. And did I mention I want one?

I will come to the Factory for pick up some time in the summer of 2006. Right after I whoop-ass on W-2 in triple sudden death golf!

This is America! This is my Dream!

Entertaining any and all comments.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Wuzhizzoner
Posted 2004-04-14 2:06 PM (#189957 - in reply to #189956)
Subject: Re: Upcoming Anniversary Suggestions

And next year is the 30th anniversary of Adamas' multi-soundhole design.
Stevechapman
Posted 2004-04-14 2:32 PM (#189958 - in reply to #189956)
Subject: Re: Upcoming Anniversary Suggestions

At the factory Tour they mentioned they had something special in mind but would not elaborate.
Will be interesting to see what the guys come up with.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)