The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
My lucky day....

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

CharlieB
Posted 2004-04-14 4:24 PM (#189949)
Subject: My lucky day....

Gents, yes, I'm gloating. Today I got a call from an old (day job) customer. I overhauled his NICE Deluxe Reverb about a year ago.

He's moving outta the country - and needs to liquidate all his stuff pronto, within 10 days.

Yes, I'm getting the Deluxe Reverb (67 with a Fender marked D120F in it), an L5 (babied), and a Heritage Sweet 16.

All for less than $500 - and yes I can sleep tonite, very very well thank you . Yes he knows the stuff is worth 5 times that or more, but he said I was good to him all this time (I service his commercial equipment as a day job), and he's glad to let me have it cheep.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Templeman
Posted 2004-04-14 5:25 PM (#189950 - in reply to #189949)
Subject: Re: My lucky day....

You wanna sell the deluxe?
CharlieB
Posted 2004-04-14 6:54 PM (#189951 - in reply to #189949)

Sorry Paul, its was accounted for before I even got it paid for. You know the way DR's go. They go "cha-ching!"
Paul Templeman
Posted 2004-04-14 6:58 PM (#189952 - in reply to #189949)

Mine didn't, it went "Ka-boom!"
CharlieB
Posted 2004-04-14 7:14 PM (#189953 - in reply to #189949)

Paul, I've got all the original transformers and parts here for the DR... if you want it fixed.
Paul Templeman
Posted 2004-04-14 7:33 PM (#189954 - in reply to #189949)

Hmmm, this is a 72 export Silverface, with a variable output transformer. As I understand it the deluxe was the only amp Fender didn't screw around with, so they're all pretty much Blackface spec. I'll have my tech check it over & see what's needed.
CharlieB
Posted 2004-04-14 8:09 PM (#189955 - in reply to #189949)

That would be variable power transformer. All the output transformers for the Deluxe/Deluxe Reverb wer the same.

If it actually went "poof" or "bang" more than likely you blew a cap or two or three in the pan underneath. When replacing the caps - it is strongly suggested that you modify the filtration to higher voltage spec (very easily done), as the DR is sorta lacking as it is.

If you're doing that, you'd also want to replace all seven of the 25mf@25v caps inside the chassis - but again do that with 25mf@50v ones (about 5 cents more each, same phsical size).

Its also possible that you blew a the regulation on the bias supply. Rare, but it happens. Also could be you lost the bias supply and the tubes themselves went poof. Both are very easily fixed.

Lets see... I suppose you could have torched something else in there, but most if the components are comparatively easily blown, and not likely to cause transformer damage - ie, you torch a plate resistor, and thats all that goes.

Email me, and I'll have you fix it yourself... sheesh, they're too simple.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)