The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain." - Bob Marley

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
mystery of flame top doubleneck solved

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

45flint
Posted 2004-04-26 9:48 PM (#189097)
Subject: mystery of flame top doubleneck solved

I got my flame top doubleneck and it is a different model number than the common one sold in the US. It is model #CSD215 not the US #CSD225.
I did a yahoo search on that number and got a couple of Japanese music stores, their websight all in Japanese.
http://www.apollonmusic.com/c_menu/Ovation_html/Ov_03new1.html
I assume it is for that market. It comes in three colors of flame: black,blue,and vintage. Interesting is that they do not have the red burst 225 over there. The look of the vintage flame is awesome. Unfortunately my not too truthful seller had some braces coming unglued so I am having that taken care of. The bad aspects of Ebay.

Steve
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MWoody
Posted 2004-04-26 10:25 PM (#189098 - in reply to #189097)
Subject: Re: mystery of flame top doubleneck solved

Congratulations on your new aquisition! That is definately one model that jumps out at you. Post pics as soon as you can.
Northcountry
Posted 2004-04-27 7:40 PM (#189099 - in reply to #189097)

Nice to see what other countries are carrying? I am surprised to so many choices in Japan! These are not the American made Ovations but then I must ask WHY? I see an interesting Nylon string O with a White Quilted top and in a Mid bowl cutaway? This is a Very Nice Looking Guitar! I hate to settle for a Celeb or Applause, but Hey If the American products are going to keep the same styles and colors and woods? Then I can see many Buyers going for the overseas market! Not knocking Ovation here I love there stuff, always have, I just wonder why I see new and exciting things when I look at web sites from England and now Japan and Etc. Etc. New colors stunning quilted tops and options galore, and here you are lucky to find a dealer who carries anything from Ovation and then it is often the lower end models? I understand the business is an expensive undertaking to handle a company like Ovation but I think if they do not relax their standards a bit on the local dealers they will loose the American marketplace! Guitars will be coming from overseas to buyers here in the states and all because the buyer could not find an Ovation as easily as he could through a web site! How about producing the Elite in a more openly advertised quilted top and a bunch of colors to chose from? It's not like they are cheap to begin with? Right? All I ever see is the Elite with a plain top and three color choices and the quilted tops are one in a million? What say you? Anyway I am ramblin on Nice Guitar Steve! Enjoy! Randy [feeling that spring weather and building my garage with a Music room!]
Paul Wag
Posted 2004-04-27 10:37 PM (#189100 - in reply to #189097)

The double neck is really a nice looking guitar. Enjoy!!
45flint
Posted 2004-04-28 6:44 AM (#189101 - in reply to #189097)

I am assuming some of the reasons we have less options over here is economics. They probably have a price point that they believe they have to hit to sell it over here and adding a flame top or other options would push it over. Japan probably starts at a lower price point on the Korean models because they are closer. Also it could just be consumer taste. They may be used to the fancy woods and wouldn't buy anything less? I will post pictures when I get the guitar back from the shop. From the short time I played it I really liked the double. Added a lot of possibilities I would like to explore. Its was just fun.
Steve
Alina
Posted 2004-04-28 9:41 AM (#189102 - in reply to #189097)

The flame maple top is beautiful. If I ever get an O double-neck (GAS), I would definitely look for one of those.

The Japanese website that you link to says that the double-neck is a Mid-Depth bowl. Is that true? I thought that all the O double-necks are super-duper-shallow.

On an aside, is there a logical reason why the 12 string neck is on top, rather than the 6 string neck? I can think of good reasons to have it in either configuration (6 top/12 bottom -or- 12 top/6 bottom).

Alina
45flint
Posted 2004-04-28 12:05 PM (#189103 - in reply to #189097)

Alina, I will post pictures but the flame is breathtaking, but laminated. If you want one good luck. You need to know someone who is going to visit Japan or wait for one to come up on ebay. That would be a long wait I think. I think an enterprizing music store could import them but I don't know what their cost would be. The bowl depth is the same as the American model. It is the same guitar except the Japanese model has a tuner on board. I would say it is a shallow bowl, but the size of the guitar makes it decent acoustically. As far as what is on top I thought about that as well. Sambora puts the twelve on the bottom. Most of the electric doubles like the gibson put the 12 on top. I have just play it for a day but I think the one you will play the most should be on the bottom, it seems the more natural position. But one day doesn't give me a strong opinion. An acoustic double is more of a hoot than I thought it would be.
Steve
Bradley
Posted 2004-04-28 9:44 PM (#189104 - in reply to #189097)

I guess Ovation must be doing well in other countries. My wife is from the Phillippines and talked me into letting her buy a Filipino Satellite system. (It is amazing how open to her suggestions she finds me after I've make a GAS purchase). Anyway, I've watched a few times and one of the shows is for music videos. I have seen 1 Ta**or and the rest - 4 or 5 Ovations. There was some guy playing a nice looking Elite for a filipina singing "True". It sounded very nice. A also so a couple of those MOB's. Nice.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)