The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
effects

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

edprov
Posted 2004-04-30 7:44 PM (#188751)
Subject: effects

I have a 1997 ovation collectors edition
I really like this guitar alot. I purchased it new. I know that I can get a better sound and would like some information or ideas on some solutions. I am not saying the sound is bad but the pickup has a metalic sound that is probably inherent in piezo pickups. I have looked at Boss and yamaha's ag stomp. I would like to now what other people are using.

Thanks,
Ed
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Templeman
Posted 2004-05-01 8:01 AM (#188752 - in reply to #188751)
Subject: Re: effects

Both the Boss AD5 and the Yamaha AG Stomp are pretty good at eliminating piezo "quack". I've used an AD5 for years and haven't found anything as yet that does a better job. I was impressed by the new Fishman Aura & I've heard good things about the Boss AD8
bauerhillboy
Posted 2004-05-01 9:19 AM (#188753 - in reply to #188751)

I just got a '97 Collectors. I feel the same way about the p/u, but I am not after effects. I just want the amplified sound to be the same sound that my ears hear when I listen unplugged. I'm going to replace the P/U with a Tusq saddle, then install a triple soundboard transducer setup from K&K Sound. I've already done this to my '02 Custom Legend 12 string, and I'm totally satisfied with the improvment. Takes some work, but I think this beautiful little guitar deserves to have her real voice released. John <>{
edprov
Posted 2004-05-01 1:34 PM (#188754 - in reply to #188751)

I looked at the K & K web site and did not see the triple pickup setting you made reference to. What kind of strings sre you using on your guitar.
Ed
bauerhillboy
Posted 2004-05-01 4:09 PM (#188755 - in reply to #188751)

If you go back to the K&K site, look for the Pure Western or Mini Pure Western pickups. The size of the Mini's is slightly smaller, and volume output is slightly less. I was able to fit the larger ones between the fan braces in my CL 12,but I don't know about the '97 yet. I use Elixer lights, old style. John.
mattsmith
Posted 2004-05-02 1:58 AM (#188756 - in reply to #188751)

i use a trace elliot dual compressor, a boss dd-5 digital delay and a tech 21 acoustic di, in that order... been using that sst up for years.....the trace pedal is discontinued, but may be on evil bay...im a big fan of compression for acoustic guitar, as long as its a good transparent unit..the trace pedal is 18 volt, and makes my sound warm and fat, just like me!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)