The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now." - Jol Dantzig

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
No SB Vipers on Harmony Central

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

stephent28
Posted 2004-05-05 4:50 PM (#188470)
Subject: No SB Vipers on Harmony Central

I was just looking at the various reviews on HC and was shocked to see that the Viper Solidbody is not reviewed. All the others (Deacon/Breadwinner), Ultras, Preachers, UKs, etc are all represented, but no Vipers (except acoustic). Is it maybe listed as a model number only?

Stephen
Top of the page Bottom of the page
stonebobbo
Posted 2004-05-06 1:54 AM (#188471 - in reply to #188470)
Subject: Re: No SB Vipers on Harmony Central

Nope, you're right. No solid body Vipers on there. So I posted my review ... the message said they were going to review it and it should get posted within a few days. I encourage the other 1271 owners out there to post thier own reviews ... this is one way to get the word out on these vastly underrated guitars.

On a more personal note, my newly-refinished Viper came back from the factory today. It is nothing less than stunning ... hats off to Kim Keller and crew for a job that exceeded all expectations. A bit of background: the finish started getting hazy a few years back and continued to get worse. The guitar itself was in pristine condition, but it got to the point that it looks like someone had spilled a glass of milk all over the guitar and let it dry. Mine is apparently very unique ... it has a solid mahogany body and a mahogany neck. John Budny told me he doesn't remember them ever making any mahogany Vipers ... and he was there at the time. I figured it was something special when he asked "did you get this one from Bill?". Nope, just bought it used from a small Mom and Pop store a bunch of years ago. All is well in the world ... my favorite electric guitar is back and it is the best looking guitar on the planet!
BruDeV
Posted 2004-05-06 1:58 AM (#188472 - in reply to #188470)

I've got a red viper that the body appears to be made out of 6 or 7 pieces of spruce.
Bailey
Posted 2004-05-06 2:03 AM (#188473 - in reply to #188470)

stonebobo

Sounds like you have accumulated the final bit of Karma, the rest of us Viper owners will watch you ascend to the oneness that I can't describe (I can't remember what that oneness is called, damn it, I'm so far removed).

My Viper has cracks on the pick gaurd around the cable plug, keeping me from finding oneness with the universe, other than that it's in pretty good shape. OMMMMMMMMM
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)