The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Like Minds

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

MWoody
Posted 2004-05-07 12:02 AM (#188289)
Subject: Like Minds

Tonight at church band rehearsal the "Adventure Cafe'" was being set up for a different performance and all of the stage equipment had been put away. This meant that practice was "unplugged".

The guy that usually plays electric went and borrowed the Youth Pastor's guitar. It was an Ultra - shallow bowl and wonderfully low action. It was a durable guitar that fit a Youth Pastor's budget! I had brought the 1615 and our Leader had his Custon Legend, Shallow bowl. We had to huddle and share sheet music.

I was basking in Ovation strings. All the different flavors! The room we were in was large with a slanted roofline - very good acoustics. We took care of the songs for Sunday and then went through our books and went over future offerings.

I just wanted to share that with you all. We had a bit of Ovation history and a variety of playing styles in a low tech atmosphere. I enjoyed it immensely.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-05-07 12:13 AM (#188290 - in reply to #188289)
Subject: Re: Like Minds

sounds like one of those rare times that will be remembered.
Nils
Posted 2004-05-07 12:35 AM (#188291 - in reply to #188289)

Did de debbil make you play a few extra bass runs on the only deep bowl in the group Mike? :)

/\/\/
MWoody
Posted 2004-05-07 12:50 AM (#188292 - in reply to #188289)

Nils, I was very courteous thankyouverymuch. I took one step back and strummed gently. Andrew on the Legend has a harder attack anyway but the guy on the ultra had to work on the leads.

There were occasional riffs from Jethro Tull and a little Over the Hills and Far away let out at times. God's still working on me! :rolleyes:
Nils
Posted 2004-05-07 1:25 AM (#188293 - in reply to #188289)

It's hard to not twist the throttle a little when you're riding the hottest bike in the pack. :)

/\/\/
JohnnyMac
Posted 2004-05-07 10:10 AM (#188294 - in reply to #188289)

Sounds like a great practice... wait, you guys get to practice??? We barely get a sound check, all the other guys play in other P&W bands, so no practice for us!
MWoody
Posted 2004-05-07 10:38 AM (#188295 - in reply to #188289)

I didn't really consider that I had twice as many strings and a deeper chamber! Could it be I am drawn to play a "Big Gun" out some character flaw? Am I compensating for some personal insignificance?

Could it be that we Ovationist have found a means of securing confidence and a feeling of superiority over the limitations and shortcomings of lesser instruments and our personal limitations?

Is my guitar little more than another man's Porsche 911 and gold chains???

Cool!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)