The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Got time to breathe, got time for music." --Briscoe Darling.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Glen Campbell model 1627, circa1982

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2008Message format

Pete 234
Posted 2008-11-19 6:24 PM (#11071)
Subject: Glen Campbell model 1627, circa1982

Hi from England!
We've owned our Glen Campbell 1627 (serial number 270914) from new in 1982, original cost about £400 (British Pounds).
As we no longer use it we're considering selling it but have a couple of questions if someone could possibly help?

1. Has this model increased (or even just retained) it's value, or is it no longer of any real interest to anyone and better off just being hung on to?

2. The controls are placed within the hollow (the waist) of the guitar, whereas all the others I have found seem to be up by the neck - is this unusual or were there others like this?

Generally, the guitar is in very good condition but the plastic Vol/Treble/Bass control knobs now need replacing. It has two hairline cracks in the wood top but I'm lead to believe this is common on an Ovation of this age.
Everything is as original, even the gold plated tuners are surprisingly good with little or no tarnishing.

Ok, that's about it, hope to hear from someone!
With thanks,
Pete
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Paul Templeman
Posted 2008-11-20 6:59 AM (#11072 - in reply to #11071)
Subject: Re: Glen Campbell model 1627, circa1982

That's one of the last GC's from just before they were discontinued. It'll have a K-bar, so no GC signature truss-rod cover. I've seen 1627's of similar vintage in UK dealers for £8-£900, but a more realistic price if you actually want to sell it would be £350 to £500 depending on condition and how badly someone wants it.

Ovation customer service has replacement controls for the stack-knob FET3 preamp
Pete 234
Posted 2008-11-20 10:48 AM (#11073 - in reply to #11071)
Subject: Re: Glen Campbell model 1627, circa1982

Hi Paul.
Thanks for that, that's just about what I wanted to know, also for the info regarding the replacement controls.
Cheers,
Pete
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)