The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: “Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Rear Access Panel Repair Question

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2008Message format

SteveO
Posted 2008-11-21 3:45 PM (#10657)
Subject: Rear Access Panel Repair Question

I have a Celebrity CS257 shallow where the rear access panel got pushed in and broke the access panel holding ring. The round panel itself is intact but the ring which is glued to the inside of the bowl separated and broke off leaving half attached. I called Ovation and they sent me a new ring to repair the guitar. The question is how to remove the rest of the ring which is still glued to the bowl? I have to loosen the glue and I assume heat is the way to do this but how much heat is required ? I have worked on guitars before and have heat guns and steamers but that plastic back has me nervous.
Thanks,
Steve
Top of the page Bottom of the page
MusicMishka
Posted 2008-11-21 6:34 PM (#10658 - in reply to #10657)
Subject: Re: Rear Access Panel Repair Question

I did this repair on my Adamas I last year...but I had experience from running my own shop for years: I would seriously reccomend having the Mothership repair it; Contact John Budny.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclub™ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)