The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "It's much too late to do anything about rock & roll now ..." - Jerry Garcia / Grateful Dead

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
purple flame - pictures

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

grrroovedude
Posted 2005-03-01 11:43 AM (#161381)
Subject: purple flame - pictures

Hi all, how's everybody? Long time no see etc. etc. etc.

Due to serious health problems of my father I haven't been here much lately, but things are clearing up so hopefully I'll catch up again.

On the dutch forum http://www.gitaar.net a guy posted this link:

http://gitaar.net/forum/read.php?f=4&i=29353&t=29353

In which he asks about this guitar (the Elite T Purple Flame). I directed him here and did a search myself. I saw quite few of you asked for pictures...

Here comes the good part: he included pictures in the thread... Beautiful guitar!

Do you know from when to when it was made? How many were made etc.?

BTW, scroll down a bit, there's two more pictures overthere. And don't try to understand dutch :-)... and don't confuse us again with the germans...plllllleeeeeeaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeee... :D

Greetings from Holland,

Martin
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Stevechapman
Posted 2005-03-01 1:13 PM (#161382 - in reply to #161381)
Subject: Re: purple flame - pictures

Martin,
the guitars wre made RightHere in The USA by Ovation. when we took the factory tour last year we saw some waiting to be made. i guess over here they might be a special order item. Haven't seen many here in teh states. It's a T Model made the same way as the Red Flame Model only different color. A Blue flame version comes out this year.
cliff
Posted 2005-03-01 1:23 PM (#161383 - in reply to #161381)

". . and don't confuse us again with the germans . ."

Why? . . . did Bush piss YOU guys off, too??
:-)

On a side note:
I was in GuitarCenter over the weekend (testing out my new blood-pressure prescription) and saw a red FlameT with the LX truss rod cover on it . . .
Strummin12
Posted 2005-03-01 1:48 PM (#161384 - in reply to #161381)

Which GC? I've been wanting to try an Elite T with LX features. Don't care about the flames, just want to hear the guitar.
cliff
Posted 2005-03-01 2:04 PM (#161385 - in reply to #161381)

Route 22 in Springfield.

I didn't try it out.
I was too pissed off dealing with the fuckwit at the counter who INSISTED that what I was looking for didn't exist . . while I was staring right at it over his shoulder . . .
John B
Posted 2005-03-01 2:08 PM (#161386 - in reply to #161381)

Hey Johnny,

You should try to find one with the purple flames. It would go well well with your group's name. :D
Strummin12
Posted 2005-03-01 2:20 PM (#161387 - in reply to #161381)

Great suggestion, John! Would do that over the red ones for sure...plain black would suite me best. I can handle having a purple guitar though....! LOL!

I checked your site yesterday for Perfect Strangers upcoming shows...will make one YET! Looking forward to it!

Be well, bro!

And thanks for the info, Cliff!
Johnny
worshipleader
Posted 2005-03-01 3:36 PM (#161388 - in reply to #161381)

Johnny:

I have a 1778T-5 with the LX modification(s) that I got in December. I also had a 1778T-5 without the LX stuff that I sold. What's different? Mostly, I'd say the weight of the instrument. The only LX enhancement that I can verify visually is the LX neck system which is a little lighter than the Kaman bar neck. The new T is definitely lighter than the old T version, but not nearly as light as my 6778LX, which makes me think that the only LX boost that Ovation gave it is the neck. The top is the regular Elite/Adamas fan bracing - not the new LX scalloped pattern, and I'm guessing that the bowl is not a GS version because the instrument is not as light as the 6778LX. Obviously, it does not have the OP-Pro preamp or the original pickup that the LX series features (which, based on my experience with the 6778LX, are SWEET!)

Even though I probably like the weight of the 6778LX better (easier to play standing up for a longer time period), the two instruments are both keepers in my book. I Love the 6778LX for the stunning beauty of the NEB finish and those unbelievable inlaid epaulets, the weight and the Oh My Gosh big, rich, huge, balanced sound.

I Love the T for the goth beauty of the all bronze strings against the all black body and fretboard and white maple neck (stunning in a different way than the 6778LX in NEB), almost indestructable bowl paint finish which lets the top vibrate like crazy and really pump out the sound, lighter weight than the old version and the Oh My Gosh big, rich, huge, balanced sound that has to make the T the best value for the dollar of any American made guitar today.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Other, more knowledgable people on the board may have better info regarding whether the bowl is GS or not, but if it were, I think the T should be lighter. I say go find one to play, fall in love and buy one! It is a terrific axe in every way.

BTW, I live in Long Valley. If you'd like to play mine, email me and we'll see if we can work something out.
purple flame
Posted 2005-03-01 4:22 PM (#161389 - in reply to #161381)

Hi there! Here's a brandnew Ovation-fan and this is the first time I visit this site..You've heard of me before:I'm the dutch guy with the Purple Flame Ovation.The pictures,named in this topic are mine.I own this guitar for three weeks; it was love at first sight.If there is anyone who has more information about this beautiful guitar,please let me know. And for now: I hope I will visit this fanclub-site frequently with a lot of pleasure! Greetz from Holland!
Stevechapman
Posted 2005-03-01 4:51 PM (#161390 - in reply to #161381)

Welcome Purple Flame,
I know you're enjoying The Purple Flame T! It's a great guitar. welcome abaord and don't be a stranger.
purple flame
Posted 2005-03-01 5:37 PM (#161391 - in reply to #161381)

Thanks Steve.I like to join the club.
stephent28
Posted 2005-03-01 6:22 PM (#161392 - in reply to #161381)

You know, it always amazes me how people from other countries can speak and write english so well.....when over here in our own backyard, half the country can't or won't speak english!

Purple Flame, welcome aboard buddy. Glad to have you here. Make sure you go to the members access section and check out the OFC members galleries. You will probably see almost every USA made Ovation in somebodies pictures.
grrroovedude
Posted 2005-03-02 12:30 AM (#161393 - in reply to #161381)

@Cliff: "Why? . . . did Bush piss YOU guys off, too??"

All the time... Well, as long as HE confuses us with the Germans it's no big deal I guess. :-)
purple flame
Posted 2005-03-02 4:23 PM (#161394 - in reply to #161381)

What a warm welcome, here in this Ovation-Kingdom. Fantastic!Thanks Stephen.I certainly will check out all the Ovation-pictures and read and learn more about these guitars. And, by the way, it's funny to participate in another language than Dutch (or you all will try to communicate in Dutch; that would be funny too,haha!)
Paul Wag
Posted 2005-03-02 5:33 PM (#161395 - in reply to #161381)

Nice lookin' guitar puple flame!!
And welcome to the OFC! :cool:
LeStrange1
Posted 2005-05-08 8:36 AM (#161396 - in reply to #161381)

OMG! I was thankful...so VERY thankful that I never suffered from G.A.S. but then as I was browsing through the members photos of beautiful guitars, I saw that wildly fine Elite T Purple Flame Ovation with that rainbow effect going on and now I'M DOOMED! G.A.S. with no cure! I know it probably sounds much like my 1778 Elite T and with a paint job like that, it's definitely EYE CANDY, simply irresistable! What's the cost of one of these? I just have to have one!
Alaskan Fly Guy
Posted 2005-05-08 10:49 AM (#161397 - in reply to #161381)

I have one of the 1778T-RF (Red Flame) models with the LX bracing and the OP-Pro. It is the only one I have personaly seen or heard of, with the OP Pro electronics. This guitar is becoming one of my favorites to play. Great low end, great feel, and the "bling" factor is high! Everyone that sees it just has to come by and take another look and talk about how cool it looks.
purple flame
Posted 2005-05-09 2:32 PM (#161398 - in reply to #161381)

If you ever come to Holland, I invite you all to visit me to take a look (and perhaps play,haha!)at my baby, my Purple Flame, YAHOO!!!!
Stevechapman
Posted 2005-05-09 4:05 PM (#161399 - in reply to #161381)

LeStrange1.
Al can tell you more about whats available But if I understand correctly there is a blue Flame that will be available this year too. But Al can let you know aboutthe purple flame and the red flame models that have already been out there.
They are really nice.
mtnbikerfred
Posted 2005-05-09 5:45 PM (#161400 - in reply to #161381)

Just saw this...
Blue Flame Elite T
LeStrange1
Posted 2005-05-10 1:47 AM (#161401 - in reply to #161381)

Wow! The blue, red and purple flame guitars are ALL stealthy and elegant at the same time. That purple flame just turns me into a dreamer with that color changing effect though. I was certainly hoping that Ovation would come on out with a 12-string 1778T Elite so I could have a kindred pair and be done but I may not be able to restrain myself from snatching myself a purple flame if it were to be available first! I'll get in touch with Al. I think I read that the purple wasn't available in the USA, only made here but that makes no sense to me...AL???
LeStrange1
Posted 2005-05-10 2:12 AM (#161402 - in reply to #161381)

Sigh...purpleflames gallery pictures show me that you get a red, gold, orange, purple, and magenta flame guitar - all in one. It's pretty amazing and I'm becoming pretty obsessed. Have you guys started a 12 step program for G.A.S. yet? It's all your fault, purpleflame! Do the right thing and come to New Orleans so we can plug up, draw a crowd and enjoy some southern comfort!
purple flame
Posted 2005-05-10 6:45 AM (#161403 - in reply to #161381)

Thanks for the invitation,LeStrange1, but for now I only can show you my guitar in the photo-gallery..Perhaps some day I make a US-trip..! I'm flattered to read so many reactions on my PF! And let me tell you...this guitar just came by in februari! I actually wasn't looking for something like this, isn't that a coincidence or what!But now I know my PF is very exclusive, I'm the happiest guitarplayer in Elst..in Gelderland...in Holland...in Europe...in the World!!
Alaskan Fly Guy
Posted 2005-05-10 11:43 AM (#161404 - in reply to #161381)

Is that Purple Flame painted all the way around or just on the top. The blue ones are only painted on the top. The red flame ones are painted with flames all the way around. It is a smooth mid depth bowl. Very nice guitar.
Stevechapman
Posted 2005-05-10 12:01 PM (#161405 - in reply to #161381)

The Purple Flame is painted all the way around like the Red Flame. I believe the ones they are doing now are painted on the top and the bowl is left unpainted.It did lower the price that way andit still looks way cool. I saw a Red Flame with only the top painted at guitar center about 3 weeks ago.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)