The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "I've always felt that blues, rock 'n' roll and country are just about a beat apart."-Waylon Jennings

Jump to page : 12
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Phil Wongs Photo Gallery

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Stevechapman
Posted 2004-04-23 8:57 PM (#189264)
Subject: Phil Wongs Photo Gallery

Our Official OFC Camera Guy for The 2004 Gathering at The Mother Ship has Posted a Few Photos in his gallery. However, For Some reason-They Didn't Load :eek:
I wonder if these were a few of the Photos from our get together.
At Any rate- I thought I'd alert him. although he very well already knows.
Maybe 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Fret distracted him while he was trying to load them
;)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Phil Wong
Posted 2004-04-26 12:15 PM (#189265 - in reply to #189264)
Subject: Re: Phil Wongs Photo Gallery

Steve,

I am trying to find a way to reduce the size of each photo from 6mb to 500 pixels. We just had new computers installed in our hospital that have windows XP pro. I was told that I would be able to reduce the pictures with this. unfortunately I am a computer dummy. I can run the work applications. I am actaully the one that people at work come to for short cuts and other work related problems with our software :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: .So therfore if am am a self proclaimed computer dummy,what does that make the people that I work with :eek: :confused: :( ?
If anyone has an idea I am open to all the help possible.

Phil
cliff
Posted 2004-04-26 12:23 PM (#189266 - in reply to #189264)

Phil;
I'm assuming that you have all of the files on CD.
Is it possible for you to burn a copy of the CD (or CD's) and mail it/them to me? I can resize all of the files for you and send them back on another CD for you to post them.

Lemme know.
Stevechapman
Posted 2004-04-26 12:25 PM (#189267 - in reply to #189264)

Cliff seems to know a thing or two about this, or perhaps Miles or Al. I thought that photos posted are resized to the proper size- i could be wrong.
If you have the ability to email the photos or photos as an an attachment. I can see what i can do.
I'll shot you an email with my work email address.
Since i have XP here, maybe i could help.
cliff
Posted 2004-04-26 12:43 PM (#189268 - in reply to #189264)

The files should be resized prior to their being posted. This can be done in just about any photo editing program (I just prefer to use PhotoShop as I use it everyday and am familiar with it).
In a prior phone conversation that Phil & I had, he told me that the CA photo lab he used sized the files so that they were about 6MB each. Fairly good for quality, not to good for e-mailing. Attachments of this size may be a bit too large for most e-mail accounts.
Phil Wong
Posted 2004-04-26 12:47 PM (#189269 - in reply to #189264)

Cliff,

Sorry I missed you last week. Nobody at work told me that you had called me. I will try to have the 2 discs copied. Would it be possible for me to actually come and see you so that we could work on it together?

Phil
cliff
Posted 2004-04-26 1:00 PM (#189270 - in reply to #189264)

It'd have to be in the evening sometime, and it'd have to be over here in Jersey. This week MAY be a little rough though, as I'm working on the Republican National Convention. Lemme know if there is a particular evening that works out best for you and I'll see what I can do.
dmkozak
Posted 2004-04-26 1:35 PM (#189271 - in reply to #189264)

Sorry I don't have the time to go through the step by step proceedure to be able to walk you through it. You can do exactly what you want with Windows XP. But, you must download a free component for My Pictures from Microsoft's web site. (I'm not sure if they'll let you do this with the hospital's computers.) There is a photo component which allows you to resize photos for e-mailing.

If you do a Google groups search for e-mail photos or resize photos, you should find a number of "walk throughs" on downloading the component (it is self installing) which MS didn't include as a part of XP (thanks to the Justice Dept), and resizing photos for e-mailing or web posting. Once the component is installed, resizing is simply a one click accomplishment.
TRboy
Posted 2004-04-26 2:57 PM (#189272 - in reply to #189264)

I have Windows XP Home and I resize my pic using the "Microsoft Photo Editor"........I frist bring up the photo in "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" (Go to "My Pictures",open the folder containing the photos you want and simply click the pic you want and it should open with Pic & Fax viewer) next I right click on the photo to bring up an options window and I scroll down to "Open with >" and choose "Microsoft Photo Editor!" Once in Photo Editor open the "Image" box then click on "Resize..." It will then show you the size of your photo in a "width" & "height" box plus a % box......simply use the up or down arrows to increase or decrease the size of the pic!!!(doesn't matter which one you choose-width or height-one will automatically change the other!) when you get the size you want click "o.k" and then just close Photo Editor and it'll ask you if you want to "save" the changes to the photo...say "yes" and voila you're ready to post your pics on the OFC!! :D
Also while you're in "Photo Editor" if you have a photo that is "underexposed" or dark and you want to "brighten" it up and show more detail.....on the tool bar there is a little yellow circle that looks like the sun (actually called "image balance") click it and you can increase or decrease the brightness,contrast,and gamma of your photo!(I only use the "brightness") I use this all the time with pictures on ebay where the seller may be "hiding" a defect with a dark pic of their item!
Well I've rambled long enough....Hope this helps!!

Mike :cool:
Phil Wong
Posted 2004-04-26 3:14 PM (#189273 - in reply to #189264)

TRBOY,
Thank you for the help.I have one concern. Once the picture is resized and saved,will the photo be saved on the hard drive ? I think the hospital put a read only cd drive in our system.
If it is saved to the hard drive is there a way to completely erase it from the drive when my picture are posted?
Phil Wong
Posted 2004-04-26 3:19 PM (#189274 - in reply to #189264)

Cliff,
What part of Jersey are you located?
My evenings are very busy too. The next available day would be Sunday 5/1 or maybe Tuesday evening 5/4. I am having the disc copied tonight.If they are ready tomorrow it may be easier if I mail the disc to you. If so I will need your mailing address.

Phil
TRboy
Posted 2004-04-26 3:42 PM (#189275 - in reply to #189264)

Phil, I forgot that you'd be viewing the pics from a disc!!!......I don't know but while you're viewing a picture on the disc....right click the pic and see if it gives you the options box with the "Open With >" feature! If you can open the pic in Photo Editor try and resize one picture and then save....I beleive that since you are working from the disc that it will only change the pic on the disc and your photo won't be on the hard drive unless you've created a folder and have downloaded photos to that folder!!(Note: You'll probaby have to manually change all the photo's extentions....JPEG to JPG or Photo Editor won't recognize them)
If you're near your computer now and want to give me a call so I can further corn-fuse you!!.....buzz me at (864)313-4823 (operators are standing by...)

Mike :confused: :D :eek:
Wuzhizzoner
Posted 2004-04-26 4:04 PM (#189276 - in reply to #189264)

Wait a minute ... Did Cliff say he's working on the REPUBLICAN National Convention??? We need to keep that post FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!
cliff
Posted 2004-04-26 4:23 PM (#189277 - in reply to #189264)

Phil:
My office is in Kearny which is not too far over the Hudson River. My home is now in Summit, and is a bit further. If you want to mail 'em to me, gimme a call and I'll give you an address.

Craig:
. . . . . . . eat me. :p
willard
Posted 2004-04-26 5:42 PM (#189278 - in reply to #189264)

Cliff,
I lived in Summit for 5th grade. We lived on Oakley Ave and we were unloading the moveing van when JFK was killed.

Now it's Baily's turn.
Phil Wong
Posted 2004-04-30 1:42 PM (#189279 - in reply to #189264)

Cliff,
I went to the post office today. I sent the disc via priority mail with delivery confirmation. You should receive it by Tuesday. If you want the tracking number e-mail me and I will send it to you.

Phil :D
cliff
Posted 2004-04-30 2:08 PM (#189280 - in reply to #189264)

Thanks, Phil.
cliff
Posted 2004-05-03 2:35 PM (#189281 - in reply to #189264)

Got the package, Phil.
You can probably expect the return package tomorrow.
Tommy M.
Posted 2004-05-03 4:05 PM (#189282 - in reply to #189264)

Hey, I grew up in Bayonne, which is in the same county as Kearny. I was in school (7th grade) when JFK was killed.

Tommy
cliff
Posted 2004-05-03 4:11 PM (#189283 - in reply to #189264)

MAN!! I LOVE it when somebody I know is older than me! It just doesn't happen all that often anymore! :rolleyes:

I was in first grade on 11.22.63, but I remember it all implicitly.

btw, Phil: The package's on it way.
alpep
Posted 2004-05-03 5:48 PM (#189284 - in reply to #189264)

btw, Phil: The package's on it way.[/QB]

hmmmm don't know what to make of this. contraband???
Phil Wong
Posted 2004-05-04 2:20 PM (#189285 - in reply to #189264)

Cliff,

Pearl called me at work and told me the package arrive today. Thank you for all that you have done for me. I hope that everyone will like the photos. I will try to start posting the pictures tommorrow. BTW I have a gig tommorrow at work. I am playing one song at a nurses recognition day luncheon. We only started practicing last Friday. This is the first time I have performed since college. I almost forgot. The other nurse that will also be playing also has an Ovation. She has been using an old classical guitar for the practice sessions but will bring her Ovation in for the gig. Her Ovation may be an Applause or Celebrity. The only thing I remember about it was that it was an emerald green color cutaway. The last time I saw it was last summer. I will find out tommorrow.

Thanks Again,

Phil :D
Wuzhizzoner
Posted 2004-05-04 2:43 PM (#189286 - in reply to #189264)

Phil: Be sure you post the pictures of cliff with the llama taken at the jam session...
Stevechapman
Posted 2004-05-04 2:47 PM (#189287 - in reply to #189264)

That Pic is bound to be a classic! How in the World is Cliff Going Top That Next year?
Maybe He'll bring a Camel to the next tour! :D
Phil Wong
Posted 2004-05-04 2:47 PM (#189288 - in reply to #189264)

Craig,

I left early so I missed Cliff "playing with his llama". Wasn't Dr. Dolittle the last one to perform with a llama?

Phil
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)