The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another." -Frank Zappa

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
miles, no harm, no foul.

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Jiminos
Posted 2004-05-05 9:01 PM (#188439)
Subject: miles, no harm, no foul.

no response required. i understand where you were coming from. i merely wished to post my opinion of a guitar i had tried out. i hadn't expected the thread to go like it did. it always dangerous to post a neutral or negative opinion of an ovation here.... i s'pose i should have known that. again. no harm, no foul.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Stevechapman
Posted 2004-05-05 9:05 PM (#188440 - in reply to #188439)
Subject: Re: miles, no harm, no foul.

Never hurts to give an honest oppinion. While some may Disagree with it. It's Apples and Oranges, or as it's been said.. It's All Ice Cream.
Some people like the same things others like different sounds and textures. I guess that's why Ovation has offered such a variety in models.
I found your post interesting. Keep Em Coming my OFC Brother.
moody, p.i.
Posted 2004-05-05 9:24 PM (#188441 - in reply to #188439)

Jim:

I have many negative opinions of Ovations. A lot of what they built in the last 15 years was crap. But not all, and that gave me hope. That's why I'm so damned excited about the LX's and can't wait until they come out in a deep bowl.
Tony Calman
Posted 2004-05-05 11:24 PM (#188442 - in reply to #188439)

Jim, I believe that I understand your previous post concerning the LX - and, I agree. The LX is a great platform to introduce the new innovations. It is a successful introduction and a step forward. It is giving a good lift for Ovation and new guitar sales. Maybe we will see a few more in the stores. For those who would be looking for a Balladeer or an Elite, I recommend others to look seriously at getting the new LX, if only for the OP-Pro.

However, it doesn't change my opinion of new or older lines of non-LX's. When I was helping one of my staff get his first LX, I "pushed" him to a 1777 LX. He loves it.

However, my Martin is lighter, my LP is heavier; if I never had a problem with a neck, new neck design is a non-issue. I like deep bowls. Do I need an LX to make my playing sound better - doubtful if Ovation has a guitar that by itself will help.

And, in the last several months, I got the 30th Anniv CL, 1658 CL slothead 12, the FD-14, the '97 Collectors, a GC 12, the Millennium, the 1763 Classic, Country Artist, etc. Wonderful guitars without the LX changes - new and old. I won't buy a guitar because it is an LX, I won't avoid a guitar because it is an LX.
Old Applause Owner
Posted 2004-05-06 5:54 AM (#188443 - in reply to #188439)

Jim, hope my comment about your preference for the CS247 didn't bother you....that is perfectly valid. I play guitars all the time that I think sound pretty good, that wouldn't be popular with the mainstream(at least this mainstream here). I am with you...I am not swept away with LX-mania. I agree with Tony's comment, I won't buy a guitar because it is an LX, I won't avoid it because it is an LX.

Roger
Beal
Posted 2004-05-06 6:55 AM (#188444 - in reply to #188439)

And now for something really important!!!!!!!

Just when you thought it was safe to say that all Ice Cream was created equal. There is a little store, Peaches and Cream, on the Torrington-Litchfield town line that makes their own ice cream and it is the world's best. Rick and thick and creamy. I have done extensive research on this subject and this place is the Slothead-D45-Style 4-F5Lloyd Loar of ice cream. And they have all the flavors too. The best is in the summer with all the fresh fruit, peach, blueberry, red rasberry to name a few.

Just thought ya'll would like to know.
cliff
Posted 2004-05-06 8:13 AM (#188445 - in reply to #188439)

Bill;
I remember driving past the place, but never partook.

Thanks for the tip!! ;)

I'll have to wait just a little bit 'til fresh blackberries are in season . . .
alpep
Posted 2004-05-06 9:02 AM (#188446 - in reply to #188439)

"take some of those purple berries, I've been eating them for six or seven weeks now, they'll keep us both alive"
Stevechapman
Posted 2004-05-06 9:26 AM (#188447 - in reply to #188439)

Bill,
You really know how to make a guy Hungry!! :D
Now you've got me craving Ice Cream!! :D
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)