The Ovation Fan Club
The Ovation Fan Club
Forum Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Calendars | Albums | Language
Your are viewing as a Guest. ( logon | register )

Random quote: "Ovation Guitars really don't get the respect they deserve!" - Alex Pepiak

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Kaman hits my local shop

View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums Archive -> The Vault: 2004-2005Message format

Standingovation
Posted 2005-05-21 8:48 AM (#150077)
Subject: Kaman hits my local shop

My local shop (The Music Store, Mesa AZ) sells Martin, Gibson, Epiphone and Ibanez. I buy my strings and accessories there. Of course I always play the nice Martins they have. Anyway, Thursday I stopped in and they now have a nice selection of Hamer and Takamine guitars. The local Kaman rep must have done a nice job. I played the Hamer Monaco and the Tak collectors guitar and was extremely impressed with both of them. The Tak especially was really nice playing and sounding. But nothing is as nice as getting home and playing my own guitars!

Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page
BrianT
Posted 2005-05-21 9:02 AM (#150078 - in reply to #150077)
Subject: Re: Kaman hits my local shop

I have never been a big Takimine fan. But I have heard performances recently on their "cool tube" pre-amp and I must say it sounds really good. I even picked up a Tak brochure and took it home. Who knows, maybe next time I might get a Tak.
MWoody
Posted 2005-05-21 9:16 AM (#150079 - in reply to #150077)

I picked up a Takamine Dreadnaught Acoustic for my Sister back about 1980. It was the comp model to the Guild D50 I was playing. It is still a very nice guitar to this day.
cruster
Posted 2005-05-21 9:38 AM (#150080 - in reply to #150077)

That's great news for you, Dave...more Kaman stuff to cause GAS!

I noticed that the mom and pops around here all seem to be dropping Gibson and picking up other brands. It's the weirdest thing. Or maybe not, considering the reports of Gibby requiring $100k orders, full Epiphone and Slingerland lines in store, etc.
GrilledCheese
Posted 2005-05-21 10:19 AM (#150081 - in reply to #150077)

My local guitar store, Musicians Den, carries Takamine, and Hamer. Never have looked to see if they carry Ovations, as I spend my time ogling the electrics, but will check the next time I go there. :)

Some companies like Gibson, and others, don't stop to realize not every store can place such large orders, and carry all their side lines too. They should stop and think that the mom & pop shops are where they started. How soon they forget. :(
Englishplayer
Posted 2005-05-21 10:54 AM (#150082 - in reply to #150077)

I tend to like the higher level Takamines I have played. I found the OM sized collector's edition to be great in every way except for unplugged sound. Good workmanship, nice inlay, great set-up, but the unplugged sound quality was not on line with a $1400 guitar. Plugged in it sounded better through the amp. Perhaps, I'm just not used to the sound of Om sized guitars.
stephent28
Posted 2005-05-21 2:08 PM (#150083 - in reply to #150077)

I have a '98 Takamine collectors that I thought sounded absolutely killer when I put it back in the case about 8 months ago to make more room for the new acoustic O's.

Took it out last weekend and played with it for about 2 hours unplugged. Man did it sound thin compared to the full sounds of the O's.

Plugged in, it really blossomed back into a wonderful sounding guitar...but unplugged I was shocked at how weak it sounded.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

This message board and website is not sponsored or affiliated with Ovation® Guitars in any way.
Registered to: The Ovation Fanclubâ„¢ Copyright (c) 2001
free counters
(Delete all cookies set by this site)